First maintenance check

This is a discussion on First maintenance check within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Stupid question: Should I do the first oil change tire rotation (3500 miles) at Subaru...or Ryneck in front of my ...

First maintenance check

Stupid question:

Should I do the first oil change tire rotation (3500 miles) at Subaru...or Ryneck in front of my house is the same?

The dealer have much less available time and are far, while Ryneck is at walking distance.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tires don't need to be rotated yet, leave that to be done at six or seven thousand miles. Just check your air pressure, and give everything else a visual inspection.

Anyone can change the oil, so long as he is competent and uses the correct oil and filter (changing the crush washer is advisable too).

Make sure you get a service order, receipt, or other document clearly stating that service was done in case you are given problems (likely will be) by the dealer if and when you take your car in for warranty service.

Oh, and tell him to fill the new filter with oil before screwing it back on.

Thanks!

Good tips!