low boost?

This is a discussion on low boost? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i just bought an 02 wrx on friday the 5th. it came with a few mods. cai, and ...

low boost?

ok so i just bought an 02 wrx on friday the 5th.
    it came with a few mods. cai, and a bov. ive been reading and uderstand that these are not the best mods to have. once again i bought it from a used car lot like this. there is no clock but the 3 pod and gauges in it. boost, volt and temp. the temp is broke it always readys to the max when powered on.

the thing is the stock boost gauge says i am only getting .04 of boost. is this correct?
    ive been looking to see what the stock boost is on an 02. but have not been able to find it.
    the car drives fine. it does get up and go. your can hear boost building just b4 3k. and the bov is quiet. the mods on there is not something i like. once again. but they are there. could the boost gauge be wrong?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Trace the boost gauge hose you might have a leak and you could most likely adjust the bov. good luck with the ride it sounds like it was gutted before being sold.

I was having a similar problem. I was only boosting .04 too which I am told is the the spring rate on the wastegate. My problem ended up being a bad boost control solonoid.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

ok thanks for the replies ill check both of those.