keyless entry
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on keyless entry within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I cant seem to figure out what the deal is with the keyless entry. I tried programming it but could ...

kmo

keyless entry

I cant seem to figure out what the deal is with the keyless entry. I tried programming it but could not get the car into programming mode. I must have tried like 30 times so i went to the dealer when i got there the keyless entry started working and worked when i got back home but the next morning nothing... it seems to work like once every couple of days. and yes i have changed the battery and still nothing. My biggest problem with htis is that sometimes if it works i will lock the car with it but then have to open it again with the key activating the security system and not being allowed to turn the car on and also randomly have the loud ass horn start going off with nothing for me to do because the fob doesnt work. Any suggestions what might be going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you tried a new key fob?

(seems obvious, but thought I would ask)

fobs can become damaged from being dropped, smashed, etc

Jamie

OMG same thing here....

I have been plagued by this same exact problem...and it is so frustrating. I just got my 07 2.rs and even tried the spare fob that hasnt even been unwrapped yet, and still nothing! I am so frustrated and right now my car is not driveable because the alarm is activated and I cant deactivate it!

kmo
    I am so frustrated and right now my car is not driveable because the alarm is activated and I cant deactivate it!
    i took it to the dealer and they said if you cycle your key in the ignition 3 times it will turn off your security system so u can drive it.

But yea i took my car to suabru and they spent about 3 hours on it but couldnt figure out what was wrong. They suggested i might need a new transmitter or whatever it would be called but thats a couple hundred bucks so no thanks. Its really annoying tho cuz it works like once a week or so which makes me think there must be a bad connection or wire somewhere but until i figure it out im going to be locking and unlocking my doors the old fashioned way and ill have a nice security system sticker on the window which is basically for show since my system cant be activated

What year is your car? Is it not under warranty anymore? I have an appt for monday so they can look at it, I will post what they say after I find out, thanks for the response!

results may very...

Well I took my car to the dealership and they found no issues with the system. They said that chances are that where I park my car, there is a radio signal interfereing with the signal of the key fob. I thought about his for a moment and came to the conclusion that yes, it does only happen when i park in this one spot by my house. Solution, I need to find a new parking spot that doesn't get my car riddled with water spots from sprinklers AND that doesn't have a random radio signal interfereing with my state-of-the-art keyless entry system! haha Anyway, that is the latest and greatest...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.