strange electrical problem. fuse?

This is a discussion on strange electrical problem. fuse? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got pulled over tonight because of having no tail lights. It's strange because i thought they were working. When ...

strange electrical problem. fuse?

I got pulled over tonight because of having no tail lights. It's strange because i thought they were working. When i left my friends house 2 minutes before, and unlocked the car, the side blinkers and headlights lit up to let me know the car is unlocked. I then got pulled over and told to fix it. Got home, and verified the tails aren't working, as well as my lights now not blinking when i lock/unlock my car! Would really appreciate some help on troubleshooting...
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I unplugged the parking lights switch on top of the wheel once . ANd my tails didnt work so i had to plug it back in. Im sure u didnt do that though....free bump
    My money pit

i was having the same problem with mine, i just bought my car.
    when i was test driving the car i noticed that the the dash light were not working. i dont know if yours works or not. but if it is anything like mine, what fixed it was a completely new switch. the first 2 days sucked cause i couldnt drive at night. but i took it in and they put the new switch in. everything is working but the fog lights now. dont know how you would check if it is the switch though

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm assuming you already checked the simple things like the underdash fuse and connectors in the trunk? If those aren't the culprits, unless you are handy with a multimeter, head for your dealership.

My Legacy has an odd quirk in that the driver side rear tailight periodically just stops working. I have to open the trunk, open the acces hatch to the tail light, then just touch the connector and it comes back on. I've pulled it off, emery boarded everything, and even used some electricians graphite. Still does it. Very strange.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

As suspected it was a fuse. Fuse #5. Found it the next day in daylight.
    autobahn storming scooby