Flashing CEL=bad?

This is a discussion on Flashing CEL=bad? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; to follow up this thread i made last week (which wasn't the least bit helpful ): http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158728 The other day ...

Flashing CEL=bad?

to follow up this thread i made last week (which wasn't the least bit helpful ): Need HELP ASAP. 02 sensor related

The other day i installed both front and rear 02 sensors on my 2002 impreza wrx (CEL read 02 sensor malfunction). Well the rex was running fine intially after install, however about 75 miles later (first WOT pull) i hit full boost (14 psi) and when i got to 5-6k rpm (the WRX pulling hard once again) a Check Engine Light started flashing. Immediately i let off the gas and within seconds the light was completely gone . Any idea what could cause this? Any way of detecting what may have thrown a flashing CEL? I bought the car about 5 months ago with the following (i know i know..stupid mods): Injen CAI, turboxs BOV, and hallman pro boost controller. The boost controller is set for 14 psi boost. Basically i'm afraid to take the car anywhere near WOT right now and i'm wondering if anyone had insight as to why a flashing CEL may or may not occur under these conditions.

Also, can someone provide a link (or details) on how to remove an aftermarket boost controller in favor of regulating boost off the stock boost solenoid?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The only time i have heard of a flashing CEL was when the green test connectors inder the dash are put together
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

make sure that the O2 sensors were for a 02-03 wrx not 04 up. i belive they are different or at least subaru tech guy says so. other thing is does your car shake violently when the cel blinks if so its missfire. k&n filter caused the prob on my wrx. good luck

I Support ClubWRX
    turboxs BOV
    I dunno which model this is, but if its set to 100% atmospheric vent it can cause an issue. Also without EM to comensate an MBC set to 14psi will not allow the boost to taper off as is tuned in the stock map. Therefore a WOT pull approaching redline has the potential to create a lean condition which will throw a CEL.

If you cant find a link on how to unistall an MBC on here try NASIOC
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

So did the car stutter or anything when the cell came on. ?
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

It can also be related to a misfire. I had one today where it was flashing and bucking and pulled the plugs...the Bosch platinums had carbon streaks on the plug where they were burnt up.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop