subura warranty a joke - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on subura warranty a joke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by VVVV "To accept a favor is to sell one's freedom" OK?? I have yet to receive any ...

Quote Originally Posted by VVVV View Post
    "To accept a favor is to sell one's freedom"

OK?? I have yet to receive any offers of favors.

Grayson - the only things the dealerships around me see are dollar signs. You either give them your hard earned money, or you get it in the ass. There is nothing in my state to prevent gross abuse of denying warranty, so it's routinely abused. BBB does nothing. Attorney general does nothing. But go ahead and believe that my wife's '02 WRX wagon AT that is completely stock is giving them some reason to try to gouge me out of $500. It must be the child seat that makes them think it's abused.

Or just maybe there are some dealerships that are crooks.
    BBB isnt there to help people really. they just take the complaint and dont really have any way to do anything about it. they mostly seem to just take reports.

isnt the moss act federal law?? that should still be active for you and you should be able to have the car fixed under that if nothing else since there are no mods.

I know it sounds over the top, but maybe talk to a lawyer about it? if there is no obvious reason they will not fix it under warranty and they dont have a valid reason why it was denied, then i would seek other means of having some sort of validation. maybe once a laywer makes the call to the dealer or send their letter stating the case, maybe it will change a tune somewhere.

have you talked to the service rep from SOA? if not, i would try that route as well. if you already have, did they ever give a good reason why they wouldnt cover it??

i guess i wouldnt let it go until i had a valid reason why they wont cover it under warranty, especially with no mods at all.

i dont think we have had any Wrx's in here with the smell so i dont know of any warranty claims accepted or denied here about it, but you can contact other dealers, as the one guy above posted about them fixing another car under warranty for the same thing..
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car fixed, but no turbo

Went to pick up the car so took it out from the dealership for a couple of blocks to find out that there was a loud whistle coming from the turbo and that the boost was not building up.... U turned and took it back to the dealership where they are going to put a new turbo in. I've had this car since february and have been without it for 2 months, it seems insane.

2/2/07 Got the car back after they dropped in a free turbo and replaced one of the converters. They took a long time, the tech rep was not very helpful at the beginning but they have come along although I still had to pay for labor and car rental.
    Last edited by miguelqx; 02-07-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Update

Grayson- Yes we took care of that guy's fuel smell under his Gold package for him. car was under warranty and we had the TSB part in stock. Great customer and always comes back!
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
    Grayson- Yes we took care of that guy's fuel smell under his Gold package for him. car was under warranty and we had the TSB part in stock. Great customer and always comes back!

That is a good thing. I just wonder why the guy a few posts up is having such a hard time with this issue and the dealers doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    That is a good thing. I just wonder why the guy a few posts up is having such a hard time with this issue and the dealers doing it.
    Probably doesn't have an in on getting stuff covered by warranty.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567