subura warranty a joke - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on subura warranty a joke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I give up. Much apologies for my "specious resoning". Don't do it again!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I give up. Much apologies for my "specious resoning".
    Don't do it again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Don't do it again!
    Guess I'll only be making a couple of posts a week from now on.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Guess I'll only be making a couple of posts a week from now on.
    My job here is done

I Support ClubWRX
    My job here is done

Had to use it one more time, today...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I give up. Much apologies for my "specious resoning".
    +1

If the axles were found not to be faulty, what else would cause them to go bad outside of abuse?

they are either faulty or they are not. seems that they were found not to be faulty, so Subaru is not liable....they are liable for faulty parts only...i cant think of anything else offhand that would justify warranty coverage on those axles.

as for the fuel smell, I do not know the circumstance, the dealership, techs, etc or how you handled yourself previously to be able to give any good information on your situation.
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post

as for the fuel smell, I do not know the circumstance, the dealership, techs, etc or how you handled yourself previously to be able to give any good information on your situation.
    I know I always bend over backwards for someone who calls up to berate me.

The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease. Sometimes it gets ignored until it seizes and falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by VVVV View Post
    By doing nothing, they are rewarding the dealerships that screw the most people, and penalizing those that act in good faith.

i dont really see how that is true in many ways. screwing people in service (or sales) leads to bad survey scores. Techs, advisors and managers have bonues for good CSI scores so making people mad is just going to take money out of their pocket. doesnt make sense.

same with denying a warranty claim... many time, if a warranty claim is denied, the dealership will lose that work all together and the customer goes elsewhere for that repair...and probably others. they are paid commission so wouldnt it benefit them to get the repair covered under warranty and get the commission rather than have it turned down and lose that money?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VVVV View Post
    My wife doesn't abuse her stock AT WRX wagon. But two dealerships in the area refused to do warranty work on her car for the fuel smell. They refused because I created a stink when my front O2 sensor crapped out and they also refused to cover it. I've never used leaded gas, or done anything else that would have caused the front O2 sensor to crap out.
    TWO dealerships? I'd say they're seeing something.

99% of folks have good dealership experiences (even if they do charge way too much for routine maintenance), In at least half the cases of the other half the owner is in the wrong and don't get it or won't accept it.

What dealerships?

In the Denver area Big John Elway's Subaru West took care of my car quite well when I had it. As far as fuel smell goes, one winter they were like "look, the full fix is a PITA (have to pull the intake manifold) - can we just try tightening it up? We'll make it right if it doesn't work". I figured that was reasonable and said OK. Worked for awhile. Next winter the smell came back so I took it back and they got me a loaner car and everything. They sure treated me right. And this for a customer who never brought it in for routine maintenance.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I Support ClubWRX
    same with denying a warranty claim... many time, if a warranty claim is denied, the dealership will lose that work all together and the customer goes elsewhere for that repair...and probably others. they are paid commission so wouldnt it benefit them to get the repair covered under warranty and get the commission rather than have it turned down and lose that money?
    And the dealership gets paid for that work plus the commission, right? A lot of people seem to be under the misunderstanding that the dealership is not compensated on warranty work.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I know I always bend over backwards for someone who calls up to berate me.

this happens a lot and then they want that same service dept to go out of their way for them.

i dont know any business that would do that to someone who has yelled, cursed and just in general belittled them for something they have little or no control over (speaking of warranty coverage).

i have refused to sell cars to not-so-nice customers that have gotten nasty some actually thinking i have 'fake' invoices with inflated prices to show the customer so the customer "thinks" that is the invoice.

swear at me once, i will warn you to not do it again or the conversation is over..do it twice, and the conversation IS over- especially if i am trying to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by GV27 View Post
    And the dealership gets paid for that work plus the commission, right? A lot of people seem to be under the misunderstanding that the dealership is not compensated on warranty work.
    dealerships are definitely compensated for warranty work - it is paid by SOA in this case -- basically the same as a customer pay repair, but instead of the customer paying the bill, SOA does.

the advisors and managers get a small % of that bill for their commission. if the customer's problem is denied on warranty and the customer goes elsewhere to get it fixed, they get $0. so it makes no sense to think that dealers want to screw you out of warranty and take the chance of you going elsewhere. it is how they put food on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GV27 View Post
    TWO dealerships? I'd say they're seeing something.
    agreed. one dealership, i can see that sometimes, but if two are saying no, then something else is going on there.

Working at a dealership must be hard job (especially for salesman) especially since everyone always assumes that the dealership is trying to cheat them in every way (some are like that but not all). Everytime I go to a car dealership I see at least one buyer get pissed off and leave ranting about how awful the dealership.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    this happens a lot and then they want that same service dept to go out of their way for them.

i dont know any business that would do that to someone who has yelled, cursed and just in general belittled them for something they have little or no control over (speaking of warranty coverage).

i have refused to sell cars to not-so-nice customers that have gotten nasty some actually thinking i have 'fake' invoices with inflated prices to show the customer so the customer "thinks" that is the invoice.

swear at me once, i will warn you to not do it again or the conversation is over..do it twice, and the conversation IS over- especially if i am trying to help you.
    Same here.

If you want to talk to me like a human being, I'll bend over backwards to help. If you want to call up and take out your frustrations and treat me like dirt, you will get nowhere.

The customer isn't always right. Too many people have it in there head that they can make outrageous demands and treat you like dirt in the process. I reserve the right to refuse any customer. My time is better spent dealing with someone who is a worthwhile realistic customer.

On the other side of the coin, if I find myself dealing with a company that doesn't seem to care, I won't challenge them, or argue. I'll just take my business elsewhere. If I experienced problems with 2 dealerships, and felt it was their fault, I would simply sell the car and take my business to a company that appreciates it.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Working at a dealership must be hard job (especially for salesman) especially since everyone always assumes that the dealership is trying to cheat them in every way (some are like that but not all). Everytime I go to a car dealership I see at least one buyer get pissed off and leave ranting about how awful the dealership.

i love working for a dealership. You either love it or hate it. I happen to love what I do and who i work with and for.

yes, everyone always assumes you are taking them for a ton of money, i am lying, etc. someone did a survey a few years back and the average person would rather go to the dentist than have to shop for a car.

i once had a guy swear me up and down saying that I had $8000 mark-up in a mazda MPV back in 2000 when they came out (I was at a Mazda/Isuzu store in Florida back then). a $45k Commander only has $3k-$4k in markup.

i like what i do and enjoy helping someone find the car they have always wanted or something that fits into their budget/lifestyle. It is the best feeling when you can hand them the keys to something you know will give them years of great stories and driving experiences. I will not sell a car i think is not a good car...in regards to pre-owned stuff. I have not advertised several WRX's (and other vehicles) on here because i wouldnt want anyone to actually buy it from me...

i'd rather not sell a car than to sell one that is going to be a headache for the customer (and for me). no sale is better than a bad sale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.