Crank Pulley/AC Belt
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Crank Pulley/AC Belt within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; *Cliff Notes: are the four peaks on the AC belt supposed to line up with/run in the four inner grooves ...

Crank Pulley/AC Belt

*Cliff Notes: are the four peaks on the AC belt supposed to line up with/run in the four inner grooves on the crank pulley?*

This sounds like a stupid question even as I'm writing it, but the answer is easy and fast enough that I hope someone will indulge me. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for the second time to deal with a squeaky belt. I was poking around under the hood and I noticed that it looked like the AC belt was not seated properly on the crank pulley. There seem to be four grooves on the inner side of the crank pulley to match up with four peaks on the underside of the AC belt. However I noticed that only three of the peaks were in the grooves and the fourth peak was on the inner side of the crank pulley (leaving the outermost of the four grooves empty). Is this how it's supposed to be? It seems pretty obviously wrong to me but that's how I got it back from the dealer last time. I just want to make sure this is in fact a case of them being lazy and not cars being illogical. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump. I'm leaving for the dealer soon, help me out.

Yes that is wrong. They are supposed to line up.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Dollar signs. Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.