coolant!

This is a discussion on coolant! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; gonna go get some coolant tomarow. the guy at the parts dept told me the the stuff comes in 1 ...

coolant!

gonna go get some coolant tomarow. the guy at the parts dept told me the the stuff comes in 1 gallon and its about 20 bucks, so im getting two and as far as the conditioner goes he said its a couple of bucks. im guessing the conditioner is a liquid as well. how many fuid oz is it? and do i only need one or how much of an amount do i need?
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure you need conditioner, but if you are buying concentrated coolant you will want to do a 50 / 50 mix with water (will only need one gallon of coolant). Distilled water is best - can be had for cheap at any grocery store.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

well im going to the dealership to get the oem stuff so is that concentrated or premixed? so no need for the conditioner then?
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

get a bottle of water wetter from redline it will help
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

It's $8.00 for the Genuine Subaru Factory Coolant and about $4.00 for the conditioner.

You need the conditioner due to the nature of materials used to build our engines.

The coolant comes in a gallon containers and needs to be mixed 50/50 with destilled water.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

$8 for subaru coolant? I paid $22 at the dealership. forgot about the conditioner tho. I'll have to make a 30 mile drive to the dealership to get it. i assume i should be fine. Anyoone out there use "Purple Ice" from royal purple in their coolant? Redline water wetter is mentioned above and have heard good things. I'm sure subaru, like all other auto makers never recommend using any engine/coolant additives. Are the lower temps (few degrees if u run 50/50 mix) worth possibly voiding your coolant system warranty if a problem does happen?

$20 at my dealership....
    02 wagon stock