Gas Fumes in Cabin

This is a discussion on Gas Fumes in Cabin within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, I have a 2002 WRX Wagon and the last two winters I've had an intermittent issue with strong ...

Question Gas Fumes in Cabin

Hi All,

I have a 2002 WRX Wagon and the last two winters I've had an intermittent issue with strong gasoline fumes inside the car when I run the heat.

I can see no leak or puddling on the exterior of the heating system or in the engine bay.

Has anyone seen this before and/or know what to start tearing into first?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Bingchudie; 12-27-2006 at 10:02 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Contact the dealer. I believe there is a TSB on a leaky fuel hose during colder ambient temperatures.

Look in from the front, on passenger side of engine where the coolent hose comes out of engine block and goes into rad. My leak is the fuel lines right there, dripping onto the elbow for the coolant. It's under the air inlet hose to turbo... you will basically need to take off the intake manifold to get at it. My dealer wouldn't fix it as my warranty is long gone...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

thanks

Thanks guys, it stinks this didn't start happening until after my warranty was out.

I'll take a gander where you suggested wrxdrvr.