Hi guys- I did a search and couldn't find anything similar to this. I have a 3 week old stock manual 06 Wrx-totally babied so far. Almost since I've gotten it I've noticed a strange whirring noise coming from the car. My friend's 06 Wrx seems much smoother when accelerating and I've never heard this noise from his car ever. Any ideas?
1. It sounds like I got a bad tank of gas when I accelerate, almost a hesitation+whirring noise, but has been fairly consistant through 1100 miles and many tanks of 93 octane gas.
2. It only happens when I accelerate normally. When I put the pedal down more firmly and the turbo kicks in it goes away.
3. Happens in all conditions in all gears.
4. It only happens from 0-3000 rpm's when the turbo hasn't really kicked in yet.
5. My buddy has an 06 Wrx, and I've never heard this sound in his car- been in his car many times. His Wrx sounds much smoother when he accelerates...
So far I'm baffled- I would think that it's normal except my buddy's car doesn't ever make this sound. I'm tempted to take it in to the dealer and see what they say if it continues for another couple weeks. I'm afraid I'll get the "That's normal" response though. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!