Revs to 7grand in park-Boost leak??

This is a discussion on Revs to 7grand in park-Boost leak?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On my way home I must have gotten a massive boost leak or something because I left my neighborhood and ...

Exclamation Revs to 7grand in park-Boost leak??

On my way home I must have gotten a massive boost leak or something because I left my neighborhood and didnt boost the car or anything and I let my foot of the gas when I got to 40mph and the car kept accelerating. I was like OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO DIE. I pushed on the brake and the car kept going forward...it wouldnt stop. The light was red so I put the car in neutral and bounced of the rev limiter. Luckily the light turned green and I turned into My friends neighborhood with my foot mashed on the brake. My friend towed me home with the truck and there are no visible vacuum lines off...the BOV is closed...and the throttle is closed...the accelerator is normal. Start the car in park and it revs to 7 grand. Any ideas???
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is the floor mat on the accelerator ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

no boost leak...your throttle is stuck open in some way shape or form.. either the cable, TB, gas peddle.. i would go back and double and triple check everything
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

The throttle is 100% closed and their is nothing on or under the accelerator. I start the car and it instantly revs to red line and I had someone watching the throttle cable and throttle and it stayed closed.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

Reset ECU?

My throttle butterfly got hungry and ate a piece of my samco hose....ummmm yummy
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    My throttle butterfly got hungry and ate a piece of my samco hose....ummmm yummy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02 View Post
    no boost leak...your throttle is stuck open in some way shape or form.. either the cable, TB, gas peddle.. i would go back and double and triple check everything
    good thing you caught it, couldve been alot worse
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

wait, even with the throttle plate closed it's reving to 7K?

Take your intercooler off and verify it. If it's making its way to 7K with the plate closed you've got other issues. There was a TSB for your throttle cables hopping track and causing a situation like you're describing. The fix was a cheap little clip that could have gotten knocked off very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    wait, even with the throttle plate closed it's reving to 7K?

Take your intercooler off and verify it. If it's making its way to 7K with the plate closed you've got other issues. There was a TSB for your throttle cables hopping track and causing a situation like you're describing. The fix was a cheap little clip that could have gotten knocked off very easily.
    +1 on the tsb, if its not that then a pc of samco hosing likely ripped off while she was at WOT and wedged itself in between the throttle butterfly and the housing.. it was stuck open, the motor kept going
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather

The piece of hose (1 layer of 4 ply hose) was stuck in the butterfly. When I took off the TMIC I saw it right away. Now the car idles really low...I think I just popped off a boost line or something like that...I am on vacation now in Hawaii so I havent diagnosed the problem yet but the car is running lean at idle and really rough with bad vacuum. It usually ran at 15.0 afr at idle and now it is running high 18's low 19's at idle and the leaner it gets the worse the vacuum is. I havent driven the car because I dont want to hurt it and I didnt have time to figure out what was wrong.

BTW the weird part about the butterfly getting stuck was I wasnt at WOT I was driving slow with 0 psi and then it kept accelerating when I let off the gas.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com