Dash Lights/Indicators For 02 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Dash Lights/Indicators For 02 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright so i just went out and got an OBDII reader for myself so i can check it anytime, and ...

Alright so i just went out and got an OBDII reader for myself so i can check it anytime, and the code that seems to keep the engine light illuminated is P0546 and once P1312

If my diagnostic tester and my knollage is right, they have to do with the exhaust, correct me if im wrong but it is still driveable

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

P0546 Exhaust gas temperature sensor circult high input
    P1312 Exhaust temperature sensor malfunction

Yes, your 'knollage' is right, it is still drivable.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Alright thanks, its always nice to have someone else's opinion

Whenever a customer calls me about a CEL I dont tell them a thing of what it can be. There are over 50-100 P codes that can be the cause. I dont tell them the gas cap because they get used to hearing that, they wont bring it in when the engine is knocking and the light is thrown.

The reason they told you to drive it more is the ECU can correct itself. It is always monitoring parameters and if a sensor is triggered to be out of the parameter it throws the Malfunction Indicator Lamp aka CEL. The car can correct itself and turn the light off once it detects things are back to normal. Good thing for most Subaru's the memory still holds the code for the most part.

I dont tell a customer to have it scanned at autozone because thats all they do and I have had customers buy a few hundred bucks of parts that they didnt need because a Technician didnt diagnose it. All the scantool does is give you a starting point to look at. In fact there doesnt do a damn thing compared to our $7000 scantool that can test EVAP system pressure, etc.The tech then goes beyond that and tests components to eliminate any other possibilities. Case in point and I had this happen a few times and recently with an Outback. Customer came in with a CEL and it threw a code that indicated small leak in the EVAP system. Tech went and checked the gas cap. It was loose and tightened it and it held pressure. I gave her the speel if it comes back on, come back. Light came on a day later. Went and tested everything and found the EVAP system not holding pressure again. It ended up being the Purge Solenoid. If it wasnt for the technician and his diagnosis the customer would keep thinking it was the gas cap when it wasnt.

Just because a code gives a meaning doesnt mean it is narrowed down to just 1 thing. However, I try and educate my customer about their cars and repairs in general while bsing with them and talking about our families.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.