clutch HELP NEEDED!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on clutch HELP NEEDED!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I HAVE AN ACT SIX PUCK CLUTCH KIT ON MY '02 WRX, FOR ABOUT A YEAR NO PROBLEMS.... RECENTLY I ...

clutch HELP NEEDED!!!!

I HAVE AN ACT SIX PUCK CLUTCH KIT ON MY '02 WRX, FOR ABOUT A YEAR NO PROBLEMS.... RECENTLY I STARTED TO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT:
    ON 2ND GEAR AND UP WHEN ACCELERATING FROM LOW RPMS (2000, 2500)
    THE CLUTCH WAS SLIPPING FOR ABOUT 500 RPMS AND THERE WAS AN ANNOING SHAKING TO THE FRONT OF THE CAR (ENTIRE COCPIT WAS "JUMPING") THE CAR WAS NEVER IN AN ACCIDENT SO IT IS NOT BAD REASSEMBLY OF PARTS LIKE COCPIT.

TODAY I STARTED THE ENGINE DROVE FOR ABOUT 2 BLOCKS AND THE PEDAL FELT IN AND STAYED ON THE FLOOR, NO MORE CLUTCH
    ANYONE KNOWS WHAT COULD IT BE ??
    AND DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD SHOP IN NYC QUEENS OR BROOKLYN?
    PLEASE HELP WITH SOME ADVICE...
    THANKS IN ADVANCE I WILL STAND BY THE COMP AS I NEED TO ORDER PARTS
    Last edited by bruner; 12-17-2006 at 12:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A clutch can easily go out in a year if you ride it hard and race a lot. (ie: drop your clutch)

Time to fork out $1k and get a new clutch.

PS: get rid of the [/b]on the front so it says "[ b]text[/b]" to get the bold to show. (without the space)
    Stage II and loving it!

I Didn't Really Race It Or Force It A Lot..
    But Again What Is The Issue? Why Did The Pedal Stay On The Floor.
    I Had The Clutch Checked About 2 Weeks Ago They Said I Need New Disk
    The Kit I Have Installed Is Complete Pressure Plate Bearings And Disc So I Need The Disk... My Problem Is What Made The Pedal Act Like This And What Part Should I Get

Puck type clutch disks just don't like the street. The small surface area doesn't handle wear well. They love the track where every shift is fast. Switch to an organic full disk for the street, or Stage 2 Kevelar might be right for you.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved to the Troubleshooting forum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

jesus... dont capitalize every letter (or word... which might be worse)

its just clutch slippage, ntohing you can really do... just stop riding it so much
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX CarPC Install

MP3 - VIDEO - DVD - FM Radio - XM Radio - WiFI - Bluetooth - GPS - NES, SNES, SEGA, PS1, GBA Emulators & Games

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.