8 days and already some damage!

This is a discussion on 8 days and already some damage! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Stop at Home Depot this morning. I always park my car away from the crowd. As I'm leaving the store, ...

SRM

Unhappy 8 days and already some damage!

Stop at Home Depot this morning. I always park my car away from the crowd. As I'm leaving the store, I notice a shopping cart next to the front left quarter of my WRX. First thought, damage.

When I get to my car, sure enough, there is a little dent! I'm almost positive where the cart came from, and came close to approaching the couple - but can't prove anything. If I only left the store a few minutes early...

I hate it when people just let the cart role away like that.

Boy, do I miss the composite panels of the camaro!
    Mine: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
    Hers: 2010 Wrangler Sahara

Previous cars: 2000 Z28, 2007 WRX TR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to read this. It is unfortunate that some people simply look the other way and try to deny they have done wrong.

There was an incident with my previous car that made me sick. I happened to be standing in my driveway when a couple was trying to chase down their runaway dog. The dog ran over to me and seemingly wanted to go for a ride in my car. It jumped up on its hind legs and pawed and scratched on the side of the car!

The couple caught up with the dog grabbing it by the collar. I said something like Hey, your dog just scratched up my car! They said no it didnít Ė we donít know what you mean. Some other words were exchanged, but they went off acting like nothing ever happened.

I was lucky the scratches buffed out. If it was Subaru paint it would have been worse.

Moving to Accidents and Repairs ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

SRM
    I was angry, but it's only a car. I'd rather have this small damage than be involved in an accident, and be injured! Still pisses me off though. Just washed the car yesterday and now this.

Anyway, why is that damage always happens a week after you buy a new car? A week after buying the camaro, there was a ding on the left rear quarter. GM was smart enough to use composite front quarter and door panels, but the rear quarters were still steel.
    Mine: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
    Hers: 2010 Wrangler Sahara

Previous cars: 2000 Z28, 2007 WRX TR

That sucks. I always freak out when I have to go a place with shopping carts and a crowded parking lot.

+1 on the 1 week thing. I had the WRX for 1 week and big chip suddenly appeared on the side mirror. I had the Z for 1 week and I somehow got a chip in the wheel finish(I'm guessing a rock chip). It always odd place for me and I never know how they get there since I always park far away from everyone.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    With the exception of the deer incident, I still do not have a single door or shopping cart ding after 2.5+ years.

I park far away from other cars when possible.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    With the exception of the deer incident, I still do not have a single door or shopping cart ding after 2.5+ years.

I park far away from other cars when possible.
    Lucky. I always park away from everyone actually with this car I hardly ever park anywhere but my garage but somehow weird stuff happens. Of course it's usually tiny dents and scratches that no one can see except for me.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Lucky. I always park away from everyone actually with this car I hardly ever park anywhere but my garage but somehow weird stuff happens. Of course it's usually tiny dents and scratches that no one can see except for me.
    OCD, eh? This will make it all better:

Last edited by Sasquatch; 12-17-2006 at 03:18 PM.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    OCD, eh? Thsi will make it all better:

Yeah I'm really bad about it.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe I need some. I HATE typos! Thsi?
    Mods & Pics

lol sounds like my luck . bought the car , 1 week later was rear ended by two mexi's in a mazda 626 pushed me into the car in front of me . front got refinished , new rear support and cover , stayed in the body shop for a week longer since my adjuster and her boss went on vacation leave lol sux , went to go pick it up and a friend ( FASSTI ) notice the rear quarter was pushed in alittle where it meets the bumper , the body shop manager was standing there and i asked him if they were going to fix it 100 percent . they said yes they will , i asked how . he responds we will grind it down and fill it with bondo . my reaction , nope i'll get someone else to look at it . lol bastards . week after that the drivers side rear door was creased on the top body line , arrrgh . week after that someone dented my drivers side fender on the top arrgghhh , week after that was doing 90mph and a nice rock hit the window , argghhhh had it filled .