Reliability issues

This is a discussion on Reliability issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im looking at buying a wrx, rsx type s or a mini s in the new year. Ive been doing ...

Reliability issues

Im looking at buying a wrx, rsx type s or a mini s in the new year. Ive been doing alot of research but would like to here from owners. How is the reliability on a used wrx? Im going to pay cash for a low mileage car. Probaly a 04-05 model. I have drove the rsx and cooper and love the ride and drive of both of them.

The rsx seems better put together then the mini, but the ming seems alot more fun to drive. The car will be used for a dd and maybe a couple auto-x. Fill me on the problems i should look for when purchasing and during owner ship.

Is the boxer motor easy to do upkeep on? ie tuneups, oil changes,plugs etc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its pretty easy to take care of the boxter engine... the spark plugs are a pain in the neck to get to tho...

when looking for a used car always look for abuse and get a car fax and witht the wrx look for mods... more that likely if there are alot of mods it might of been abused...thats most of the time not all of the time tho
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Yeah the plugs look like they would be a b#tch to get to. Ive owned some air cooled bugs and they were a pain. Subies are not as plentiful here in missouri or at least the st louis area. Its tough finding one to even test drive. My best freind bought one new in 02 had to go to chicago to get hers. Its a auto though. Ill honestly end up with the rsx or new si. Both have the honda reliability. plentiful aftermarket and i can work on hondas..lol.