help locating second o2 sensor

This is a discussion on help locating second o2 sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; where on the dp is it and how do you get to it, under the car or through the hood? ...

help locating second o2 sensor

where on the dp is it and how do you get to it, under the car or through the hood? thanks
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

O2 sensor

I f you climb under the car fromt the passenger side you will see it not on the first half of the Dp but more towards the rear of the exhaust but not to far down.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcruiser View Post
    where on the dp is it and how do you get to it, under the car or through the hood? thanks
    it is in the 02 sensor bung.

kidding. i am pretty sure it is going to be in your exhaust piping under the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

ps. nice wheels.
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I Support ClubWRX
    I would highly recommend acquiring an 02 sensor socket to remove it. Makes the job a lot easier, IMO. The times I've needed one, I just used AutoZone's rental program. You get all of your money back when you return the tool, so it winds up being free.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I would highly recommend acquiring an 02 sensor socket to remove it. Makes the job a lot easier, IMO. The times I've needed one, I just used AutoZone's rental program. You get all of your money back when you return the tool, so it winds up being free.
    yea, deff use the rental...you give them a deposit, return the tool and get your money back, otherwise you keep it ...i didnt use it and i had to deal with stalling and the ever famous check engine light...until i replaced it of course, the correct way
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

i had to use a 22mm wrench to get it off, jacked the car up and cranked as hard as i could until it turned, you dont need any special tools if a skinny white chick can get it off with a wrench, i only used one spark plug anti fouler though because there is not enough room to put the two on there, there was a heat shield or some type of undercover in the way, after unplugging the battery for 30 mins, the light went off and hasnt come on yet (keeps fingers crossed that one was enough)

I Support ClubWRX
    i had to use a 22mm wrench to get it off, jacked the car up and cranked as hard as i could until it turned, you dont need any special tools if a skinny white chick can get it off with a wrench,
    Hey, if it works for you, go with it. For myself, it always seems like things go more smoothly, and there's less chance of breaking something expensive, if I use the correct tools for the job.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

well the thread i had for instructions mentioned the crow foot tool for removing spark plugs but napa didnt have any in stock so since i cant get a socket wrench on there i just used a 22mm hand wrench and all went fine, i dont think much could go wrong loosening it with a hand wrench vs. the crow foot tool (or whatever you call it)

I Support ClubWRX
    well the thread i had for instructions mentioned the crow foot tool for removing spark plugs but napa didnt have any in stock so since i cant get a socket wrench on there i just used a 22mm hand wrench and all went fine, i dont think much could go wrong loosening it with a hand wrench vs. the crow foot tool (or whatever you call it)
    The 02 sensor socket goes on there very solidly and make easy work of it.

Makes job easy + Nearly zero chance of busting my knuckles when a standard wrench slips off = Worth the trouble to me. YMMV.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited