Sup i got questions ???

This is a discussion on Sup i got questions ??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How many milage you all think when a new wrx transmission breaks in??? and If u start racing anyways like ...

Sup i got questions ???

How many milage you all think when a new wrx transmission breaks in??? and If u start racing anyways like at low milage like around 200 to 500 what happens to it do it lose horsepower in the future or the transmission wouldn't be as good or what just wanna know simple questions ya thankz

Steven

03 Blitz WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Sup ya

Originally posted by asial713oirx7
    How many milage you all think when a new wrx transmission breaks in??? and If u start racing anyways like at low milage like around 200 to 500 what happens to it do it lose horsepower in the future or the transmission wouldn't be as good or what just wanna know simple questions ya thankz

Steven

03 Blitz WRX
    I don't think you have to be as worried about the transmission break in period as the engine. Make sure to not rev the engine over 4000rpms for the first 1000 miles. This will ensure proper break in of the internal engine components.

I would say that the transmission may need between 1500 to 2000 miles before totally broken in, since it has so many gears to mesh inside of the transmission case. And I know we can argue the exact milage to death on this one. This is just an estimated guess.

Whatever you do, don't race your car until the 1000 mile break in period. If you are going to keep this car for a long time, the 1000 mile break in period might seem long, but it will be well worth it in the long run.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

tan
    I'd take it easy for the first 500 miles, mainly for the clutch to fully break-in, along with the rest of the car. the tranny gears are heated treated and tempered for the proper hardness, So there's isn't too much metal shavings from the gears.

If you intend to keep the car for years to come, how you treat the Car now will dictate the reliability down the road.

If you intend do some racing now, start putting money aside for repairs, such as new clutch