MD Emissions ... Help

This is a discussion on MD Emissions ... Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So after 1 year of helping a Co-Worker modify his 05 Sti he had to give it up do to ...

MD Emissions ... Help

So after 1 year of helping a Co-Worker modify his 05 Sti he had to give it up do to financial issues and I just couldn't resist buying it off of him. The problem is he had no concept of MD emissions so now I'm left to deal with this problem. The Sti has a SR55 turbo, Utec, Front mount inner cooler, and 800cc injectors. It run great but I get a miss fire code(on all 4 cylinders). Plus I get a 137 code( low voltage from the 01 O2 sensor. After asking around everyone seems to agree that the misfire code is from the over sized injectors. I'm about to replace both O2 sensors in it next week just for good measure. How ever If this doesn't resolve the 137 I'll be stuck back to where I am now. My question is I know a lot of people around the area are running a similar setup..... What is the best course of action to get this car clear through emission? Thanks a head of time

---Mitch
    STi Noob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one.............

To answer your question related to the topic posted, you need all the CELs cleared. That will pass MD emissions. They will automatically fail you if you have any CELs.

Good luck with all the mechanical junk related to clearing them.

or if you know this guy guy whos friend works at the emissions station in annapolis and will pass you for a small fee of $100

Yea, I knew how to clear the codes but I still have a few devices that never get out of pending state.... I know the 800cc injectors are making it run rich. I was hoping there was a way to change the map inside the stock ECU to compensate for this. At this point I get the feeling injector swap will be my only alternative..... just to get thru emissions...