cracking sounds by rear window and windsheild

This is a discussion on cracking sounds by rear window and windsheild within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Since i got the car when its cold outside i hear like a creeking sound coming from the back window. ...

cracking sounds by rear window and windsheild

Since i got the car when its cold outside i hear like a creeking sound coming from the back window. This year i started getting it from the windsheild.
    Its like the body is trying to flex around the stiff window. But when its warm out i don't hear it. Its winter now and i hear it all the time. Drives me nuts.
    Imagine bending plexiglass. Thats the sound i hear over every bump.

Anybody have this problem and know a solution??

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I fixed this problem (rear window) last winter because it simply drove me crazy.

You can search for the thread as I don't recall offhand. While I do not have a rattle in the front, I have read several threads about this as well. Just search for "dash rattle" or something similar and you will probably get some more information.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    I fixed this problem (rear window) last winter because it simply drove me crazy.

How did you fix it?