HELP: 05 WRX Up/Downpipe Part #'s

This is a discussion on HELP: 05 WRX Up/Downpipe Part #'s within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, I am going to punch someone @ Subaru in their skullcap for deciding to change part numbers throughout years.... ...

HELP: 05 WRX Up/Downpipe Part #'s

Ok, I am going to punch someone @ Subaru in their skullcap for deciding to change part numbers throughout years....

I've used search, I've found a number of different OEM part numbers that SHOULD be the proper 1-layer metal gaskets, but everytime I send them to the parts department, they send them back saying that they are wrong/dont match the book/dont match my VIN. This has been back and forth 5 times now, and now it looks like I'm not getting to do my uppipe this weekend now because of it...

Can anyone help me out? Have the gaskets been the same for the past few years, and I should tell them to STFU and order them anyways??

Any help would be appreciated...
    - 2004 Blazer Xtreme - (Daily)
    - 2005 WRB WRX - Stage 2
    - 1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E DTM Racecar - (M104 Powerplant) - (Sold)
    - 1997 Caracas Red 3000GT - (Sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would contact Subaru Genuine Parts at https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/contact_us.php. Jamie (Subiegal) works there, and always seems to get the answers when it comes to OEM parts.

Also, would you be so kind as to shorten your signature to 6 lines or less? That's pretty much the rule around here.

Thanks!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon