Weird noise when starting sometimes..

This is a discussion on Weird noise when starting sometimes.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok for a little while everytime i dont start my car for longer then a days length when i go ...

Weird noise when starting sometimes..

Ok for a little while everytime i dont start my car for longer then a days length when i go to start it it makes this terrible noise ok this clanking around and then i stop turning the key. i try it again and it starts right up. i take a lot of little trips less then 1 mile to work. could my starter be shot? should i take it in to service?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have noticed a noise as well when starting my 02 wrx, if you back off then start its starts. Try this, turn the key to accessories, (past on), and let it sit there, if listen carefully you can hear the car priming the gas. It takes a few seconds, then turn the key to start and it should start right up if its the same problem I have had. Mine works like a charm, I thought I needed a new battery or starter. But replace my battery a year ago when it died.

Good luck

man, i get sometimes too. what heck is it? sounds like the starter is goin, but then it works for weeks.