PLEASE HELP FAST! E-Brake freezes up???:unhappy:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP FAST! E-Brake freezes up???:unhappy: within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone, I had to miss work today because of my dumb E-Brake freezing up. Second time this has happened ...

PLEASE HELP FAST! E-Brake freezes up???:unhappy:

Hi everyone, I had to miss work today because of my dumb E-Brake freezing up. Second time this has happened to me. So I was wondering if anyone has had their E-Brake freeze up and become stuck from the cold weather? And how can i fix this problem???? I already maintenanced it from the first time it happened, and thougt everyhing would be good now but aparently not. Any suggestions? Thanx for any Help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump

Carry a wheel chock(sp?)....seriously though i wouldnt know how to stop it from freezing...if i had to guess though, it is a cable system so maybe lubing the cable could be a solution?????
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

yep it is a cable system......how would i lube the cables?.....they are wrapped in rubber to protect them and i don't really know how to take them off....anyone know how to lube em'?

i have already lubed all the e-brake parts in the rear rotor's on both sides...but couldn' see how it would be posible to lube the cables and thougt what i did the first time around would work.....now i just need to know how i would go about lubing both cables....Anyone?

It requires a special tool called a "cable luber".....it looks like this
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

how's it work?

You unhook the cable from one end and put this over top of it....it creates a seal over the cable end when you clamp down the handscrew....then using a lube with a straw you spray it in the desided hole on the tool and it forces the lube down the cable inside the isulation....it'll make more sense when you actually have the tool at hand and your trying to connect it to the cable.....my old streetbike had a super stiff clutch cable and i went out and bought a kit that came with the tool and lube for like ten bucks and it worked like a champ...
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Cool sounds like it'll work, but we'll see. Thank you for the tip.

No prob.....i hope this works out for you......
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Oh one more thing where to buy? That'll save me the time for looking cuz i really need my car

I would just look at you local auto store like autozone or advanced auto parts...they should have it........i got mine at a local cycle shop so i cant say for sure if they will have it or not.....
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Cool thanx again

ok i had no luck at autozone or advanced auto with the online search......check a local motorcycle shop....they for sure will have one
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

our avatars are almost the same btw lol...nice car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.