Defi VSD display problem on 06 STi

This is a discussion on Defi VSD display problem on 06 STi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought the Defi VSD heads-up display unit. I took it to my tuners shop to be installed. The ...

Defi VSD display problem on 06 STi

I recently bought the Defi VSD heads-up display unit. I took it to my tuners shop to be installed. The mechanic spend several hours trying to figure out the wiring. He wired it up the same way he had in previous model years, but it would not talk to the ecu. Has anyone else installed one of these in an 06 STi ? If so, could you give me some help ? I'm at a standstill ! Thanks, Okey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Someone installed a shift light by tapping into the blue wire next to the black one on the far right hand side connector on the back of the gauges. Confusing enough? He said that he used that for his RPM's and it worked fine and should be a decent tap for the RPM's on a VSD. Haven't tried it yet myself, maybe this weekend.

--Craig