'04 WRX Front Passenger Window
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '04 WRX Front Passenger Window within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my baby got broken into. Now I'm dealing with all the insurance crap and at this point, right now ...

'04 WRX Front Passenger Window

So my baby got broken into. Now I'm dealing with all the insurance crap and at this point, right now all I want to do is get the window fixed for the obvious reasons, even though the <deleted> caused 1500.00 worth of damage just to get in the car.

Most estimates for this work are around $420.00. 290.00 for the glass and the rest labor. Plus the wait... nobody has this in stock.

I'm beginning to entertain the idea of trying to do this myself if I can find the glass at a salvage yard... there are a lot around the North Texas area.

My question is... is this a stupid idea? I bet it is Any advice or recommendations?

Edited for language --Ray
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 11-28-2006 at 11:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    While I can completely understand why you'd be mad, please don't dodge the swear filter and introduce inappropriate language into this forum. Our OT forum lets a few things slide here and there, but outside of there our Admin wants to maintain a PG-13 environment.

Don't know about fixing the damage yourself. I haven't had to do a window replacement on the car.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I've changed out a honda window before...basically just a couple set screws on the bottom track that holds the glass; it was easy. I assume the subarus are the same, however there could be some rediculous procedure to get to the screws I don't know about.

Taking the door panel off is plenty easy, then just remove the clear plastic and have a look for yourself. It shouldnt take more than a half hour time from taking it apart, to inspecting whether it could be done or not.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

Thanks Drummerboy... I'll try that out. I'm kind of assuming the same thing you are, just wanted a second opinion.

Also, sorry for the expletives! I'm brand new here and, well... mad

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.