Boost Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright well starting today I was driving my usual route and all of the sudden my boost was hitting about ...

Boost Problems

Alright well starting today I was driving my usual route and all of the sudden my boost was hitting about 35+ psi. Then I stopped, turned off the car for a bit and just waited. When I turned it back on I couldn't build boost in 1st and in 3rd-5th it was boosting really high still. I watched the guages and kept it under 7psi for the rest of the trip until I arrived here. The car is an 02' WRX - 5speed. Manual Boost Controller which I think is to blame, any input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    7 psi is limp mode I believe. So you problay had an overboost issue and the computer cut boost. I doubt you saw 35 psi as the poor little td04 couldnt spin that fast, but if you did you could have damaged alot of stuff.

I'd take the BC off, reset the ECU and hopefully nothing is broke. I'd also question the calabration of your gauge at this point also.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I was thinking that it might just be the guage but it seems to work perfectly. While at idle it stays at about -20mgh and works while driving. As for the 7psi - I kept it under that while driving, the car still will boost insanely if the proper throttle pressure is applied. The guy that I bought the car from before me installed the MBC so wouldn't I have to get the stock part to replace it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xPsyXx View Post
    I was thinking that it might just be the guage but it seems to work perfectly. While at idle it stays at about -20mgh and works while driving. As for the 7psi - I kept it under that while driving, the car still will boost insanely if the proper throttle pressure is applied. The guy that I bought the car from before me installed the MBC so wouldn't I have to get the stock part to replace it?
    Yup...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Any idea of the cost for that? Or where I could order it cheap?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.