oil

This is a discussion on oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; should i switch fully syntethic oil? i was wondering about the oil filter.... do the oil filters need to be ...

oil

should i switch fully syntethic oil? i was wondering about the oil filter.... do the oil filters need to be changed before the oil. because i know that the oil last a little bit longer... dose the filter hold up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by odehboy View Post
    should i switch fully syntethic oil? i was wondering about the oil filter.... do the oil filters need to be changed before the oil. because i know that the oil last a little bit longer... dose the filter hold up?
    Yeah, you should switch to a full synthetic. Mobil 1 would be a good way to go. As for the oil filter I would also change that out every oil change. I like to switch out my oil at 2500 - 3,000 miles which is a little early but its always better to have fresh oil. I would also change out the transmission fluid to mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil if you haven't done this in a while. Hope this helps
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1