"Helicopter" sound, which subaru techs cant diagnose. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on "Helicopter" sound, which subaru techs cant diagnose. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRX-Rated I hope you are correct, I suggested that to them but they claimed they did a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-Rated View Post
    I hope you are correct, I suggested that to them but they claimed they did a road force test, and it showed the tires are "ok". They checked the wheel balance, and that came out zero'd out also.. How?I don't know but I swear thats what it sounds like.
    Shifted belt tires often balance perfectly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-Rated View Post
    I found a slightly larger pic of my ghetto photochop for you, lol enjoy - Brett

Awesome! Nice work.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Shifted belt tires often balance perfectly.
    What tires are on the vehicle? Are the Lifeliner Classics? or The zeon brand cooper offers? I've seen some issues with the lifeliner classics (1 and 2) but have zero experiance with their new "Low profile" offerings.

To be honest you should see the defect in the thread. I'd take it to a joe blow shop (someone who sells coopers) and see if they can help. Tell them you have this wind and they should look at the tires.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I would have them physically run their hands around the tires to look for feathering, cupping, shifted belts,etc that all will balance out perfectly. In addition check brake components, steering and suspension. Also they should double check to eliminate any other probable causes.

I disagree with how they handled the issue. You can not leave the customer out in the dark regarding the vehicles status. Even if you don't have an answer, tell them that. Hell i do, even though its very slim, but they need to be honest to the customer.

Like others have stated, there is an alternative, but I would atleast give them a chance to earn your loyalty. if they cant, then contact SOA
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

I Support ClubWRX
    Could this be a wheel bearing going bad but that won't declare itself in the shop yet?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    You wanna know what the Top tech at our local subaru dealer told me when I took in my 03 auto WRX ... the car was sluggish of the line... due to our TC breaking on me. At the time we didnt know that.. but found out later after bobby took a further look into things.
    Well, He told me all seemed okay and that they were surprised that my car even ran.. due to me not having an cats. The car runs like a jet engine.. and it needs the cats to ignite the turbo.

I'll never forget their Top Tech.. ever !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    You wanna know what the Top tech at our local subaru dealer told me when I took in my 03 auto WRX ... the car was sluggish of the line... due to our TC breaking on me. At the time we didnt know that.. but found out later after bobby took a further look into things.
    Well, He told me all seemed okay and that they were surprised that my car even ran.. due to me not having an cats. The car runs like a jet engine.. and it needs the cats to ignite the turbo.

I'll never forget their Top Tech.. ever !
    You mean that isn't true.

<-- douses self in brandy and lights a match
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post

<-- douses self in brandy and lights a match

you could have a chopped tire
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.