How Do You Install A Cold Air Intake?

This is a discussion on How Do You Install A Cold Air Intake? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, im having trouble installing my MRT cold air intake... and i was wondering if anyone would be able ...

Angry How Do You Install A Cold Air Intake?

hey guys, im having trouble installing my MRT cold air intake... and i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a hand?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What exactly are you having problems with?

OK you have to remove the resonator in the fender well. There should be another thread on that, but if you have trouble let me know and ill post the procedure for that again. Then you remove the top of the intake. To do this, pop the two clips on the sides, and lift the top up and out. The loosen the hose clamp, disconnect the mass airflow sensor and lift the top off.

Then there are two bolts (14 or 15mm i can remember which) that hold the bottom of the airbox to the body. Take them out and the bottom of the box should just lift out. The you want to slide the neck of the intake into place and bolt it down.

Then you can put on the filter (i assume its a K+N) through the wheel well. (taking the wheel off might make this easier, but you can just turn it to one side if you arent eqipped to take it off).

Now just reinstall the mass air flow sensor and go for a run!

Double check all your bolts and hose clamps after you go for a drive to make sure nothing has loosened up.

speed safely,

Joe
    merlin916@aol.com
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |