Speedometer

This is a discussion on Speedometer within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2005 WRX and my speedo just stopped working out of nowhere (reads Zero constantly) and the tach ...

Speedometer

I have a 2005 WRX and my speedo just stopped working out of nowhere (reads Zero constantly) and the tach and everything else works fine. It only has 17200 miles on it. Should the warranty cover this problem? I have a utec, and a in dash dvd player for electrical like stuff but I do not believe those would be the problem in this situation at all. Please Help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check your utec wiring. The wire for the speed sensor could have been disturbed.

Mine did that when the plastic speedometer gear in the transmission broke. I had to take the tranny about to change it, but I'm pretty sure it was due to my RA gears so thats probably not what is wrong with yours.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

UTEC wiring ??

How do I check that? It has been a year since it has been installed could it of now just bugged it?

Any suggestions?

bump