2006 dash rattle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 dash rattle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Am I the only one lucky enough to be getting a persistent rattle sound whenever the road isn't smooth...coming from ...

Question 2006 dash rattle

Am I the only one lucky enough to be getting a persistent rattle sound whenever the road isn't smooth...coming from (my best analysis) the middle of the dash, possibly under the clock? It is a 2006 WRX Limited wagon. The slight shock induced rattle started at around 2,500 miles and has gotten more common to my present 6,000 miles.

Thanks if you may have some info. I'd like to check before I give the dealer a go at it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got a 05 sti and i got a rattle that feels like its under my steering wheel or something...

Mine was in the glove box door. A couple of o-rings under the bumpers fixed the rattle.
    2006 STi, Silver
    Commuter Car, 3000 miles per month
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k223/stingsmom/STi/

Got the same thing in my 2006. Had the local hacks at gerald subaru try to fix it with no luck. if anything it is worse now. the tech mentioned that subaru north america has received multiple complaints about it....but no resolution. any help someone could provide for me as well would be great

rattles

Yes a couple of months after I got my 05 rex the "subaru rattle" came out. The dealer said that is normal and I said that sux. Nothing solved stille rattles just turn up your music louder or get an exhaust.

Rattle

I too have a dash rattle and I finally found out what it is. I have the auto dimming mirror and there is a little piece of aluminum that covers the wire that comes out of the ceiling. That rattles around when the road is rough and sounds like it is coming from the dash. Hope this helps.

I had the same rattle in my 06 TR. I just pushed down on the clock a bunch of times and it seemed to work haha

dash rattle

I recently discovered the rattle is originating somehere under the front section of the headliner and travelling down through the windshield to the dash! The precise location will have to wait for warmer weather.

If it's coming from the headliner it is caused by the loose wiring for the sunroof controls or the plug for the auto dimming mirror. Mine was driving me insane until I pulled the map light/sun roof controls off and stuffed some foam up there, helped but not perfect.

dash rattle

Thanks for the info Robeans.

HJC
    I've been going crazy trying to find the source of this rattle seemingly from the dash, then i realized that when I have a passenger on board, the rattle is noticably reduced. So I looked under the passenger seat and bingo!

There is a metal bracket holding the side air bag plug that attaches to the metal frame of the seat. I jiggled it and it made loud rattles exactly the same as what I've been hearing! So I zip tied it tight and the rattle is gone.

I guess from the drivers side, the clinking bounces around the cabin and I swear there was a loose bolt under the dash by the passenger front airbag. I guess when someone is sitting there, somehow the pressure keeps the metal bracket from jiggling around. Luckily I found this out before I took the entire dash apart.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.