Taillight water

This is a discussion on Taillight water within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, so it's been raining quite a bit lately, and I've noticed my right brakelight has a bit of a ...

Taillight water

Okay, so it's been raining quite a bit lately, and I've noticed my right brakelight has a bit of a water level. Probably like 1/4 of the height of the light. So water like sloshes around in the tailight. All the lights still work fine though. Has anyone else had this problem? What's the best way to get rid of the water / seal it off?

Thanks. I'll get some pictures and a better look at it tomorrow.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When was the last time you purged your blinker fluid resevoir?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    When was the last time you purged your blinker fluid resevoir?

but seriously I would imagine that it could be taken apart like a headlight and put some new 3m sealer around the edges assuming it is that or some new o-rings for the bulb hookups
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I purge it every time I'm at a stoplight duh
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Yeah your definitely going to need to reseal them. I thought I'd heard that you can't bake the tailights open like you can the headlights.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah your definitely going to need to reseal them. I thought I'd heard that you can't bake the tailights open like you can the headlights.
    I don't know if you can just throwing it out there don't see what difference there would be in the way of harming anything though
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    I don't know if you can just throwing it out there don't see what difference there would be in the way of harming anything though
    Yeah that would make sense but I'm not sure probably good to check it before baking them.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I had this exact same problem on my 06 wagon. Everytime I'd wash it or it rained I'd end up with 4 inches of water sloshing around.

I took it to the dealer and demanded a new tail light housing. They complied.

Quote Originally Posted by Slide View Post
    I had this exact same problem on my 06 wagon. Everytime I'd wash it or it rained I'd end up with 4 inches of water sloshing around.

I took it to the dealer and demanded a new tail light housing. They complied.
    he might not get away with the same thing his being an 02 yours being an 06 but if you bought if from a dealer it may be worth a shot
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Sorry to be opening this thread back up....but I've purchased a used 06 WRX Wagon, and the left tail light is fogged up, full of condensation, and even has a bit of water in the bottom sometimes. I cannot take the issue to the dealer as the warranty is over, has anyone been able to fix this problem themselves? I have read of this problem in a few forums, but most people were able to get the issue solved at the dealer. I am thinking of taking the tail light off, drying it out the best I can using a hair dryer, and then sealing the edges of the tail light assembly, in the groove between the clear tail light cover and the black tail light back. Any thoughts? Thanks!