need help ASAP!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on need help ASAP!!!!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Earlier this week i went to tampa. i did about 115-120mph there and about the same back. I now have ...

need help ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Earlier this week i went to tampa. i did about 115-120mph there and about the same back. I now have a weird whistling noise coming from my turbo area when i 4th or 5th gear. It only does the whistle noise while on the gas, but its not the normal spooling noise. My car is a 2002 w 50k on it could it be the turbo or is there another possible cause for the wierd nosie. Someone please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twonb1 View Post
    Earlier this week i went to tampa. i did about 115-120mph there and about the same back. I now have a weird whistling noise coming from my turbo area when i 4th or 5th gear. It only does the whistle noise while on the gas, but its not the normal spooling noise. My car is a 2002 w 50k on it could it be the turbo or is there another possible cause for the wierd nosie. Someone please help.
    Are you stock, or have you got an aftermarket uppipe or downpipe? My first thought is a reused gasket that's decided to leak on you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Are you stock, or have you got an aftermarket uppipe or downpipe? My first thought is a reused gasket that's decided to leak on you.
    +1 on the gasket thought. sounds like something might be leaking somewhere...maybe even something in or around the intake.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

i do have an aftermarket up pipe on the car. it came with it. how hard is it to off and has anyone done it before.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, if the theory is correct, all you need to do is replace the gaskets. Unfortunately, to gain access to the bolts involved means removal of the heatshield, downpipe, bottom cover, and bottom heatshield.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

ALOT of leak issues relate to Down Pipe. Check the flange that bolts your DP to the turbo for any leaking residue. If there is, then the DP is your problem. Also which type of DP, as some cheap brands have faulty flange face sizes.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?