Is oil an option with an oil change?!? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is oil an option with an oil change?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx consult with a lawyer if u want but dont bring it up unless it becomes neccessary. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    consult with a lawyer if u want but dont bring it up unless it becomes neccessary.
    Yea actually that is a good idea maybe put one on retainer and talk to him about what your options are, but DO NOT bring it up to the dealership til you are 100% positive they arent fixing your car the way you want them to be fixing it.
    Last edited by T0rque; 11-07-2006 at 03:15 PM. Reason: forgot a word, looked dumb..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I haven't done my own oil change yet, but I'm sure glad that when i take it to the dealer, I can actually watch what they do since the service bays are all behind glass... if i see anything fishy like that i'd be all over them. Good luck! i hope you get a new engine + turbo
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

subscribes for result
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Yea Deffinately DO NOT bring up anything that has to do with lawyers, the second you do that they can no longer help you. My dealership I work for we have 103 stores currently and are the first publicly owned automotive group in the nation, we have a room full of lawyers just waitting for a situation like this to pop up, so be careful and good luck there are plenty of us on here to help with any questions.
    i used to work for lithia also lol
    my father even worked for them down in medford when i was growing up.
    in the industry, lithia is known as the "evil empire"

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    You are correct. I should have phrased it "they owe you an engine".
    Every dealership I have worked at will always take care of the customer if they caused the failure. I would be highly shocked if they were at fault, found to be at fault and didnt make it right.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

It is horror stories like this that I dread ever having to take my car to the dealer for (warranty) repair. No offense to the present company here, but more often than not the techs I've seen at dealerships look like they're on work release a definitely NOT someone I'd trust to work on my car. Hell, when I ordered my car I told the dealer not to test drive it, not to wash it, not to take the plastic off of it even.

Consulting with an attorney is a good idea, but like others said don't mention a thing about one until all other options have been exhausted. In any event, demand a brand new engine and turbo, with some sort of proof that it is new. If they stone wall that, then demand a warranty, that you DON'T have to pay for, of at least one year or 12K miles for a used engine and turbo. If you want an '06 then negotiating with them about that might work too. Just keep your cool and don't let them shaft you. Good luck!

<-------- Subscribes
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

any update?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

very interesting thread...
    I don't mean to hijack it.
    But I once went to get an oil change and the guy that normaly did it for me wasn't there... when i went to start my car the oil light stayed on for like 4 seconds.. i got nervouse shut it off and asked if he put oil in.. he said yes.. i turned it back on and it the oild light stayed on for like a second and went off. Do you think it cooked my turbo bearings? Boost is good but for a while i herd some whining coming from the turbo but it went away after 1500 miles.
    Is there a safe amount of seconds to run with low oil preassure?

sorry for the novel and the potential hijack..
    But i think its kinda on topic.

Don't Subarus still come with a 5 year/50,000 mile powertrain warranty? I know it's a negligence issue and not a warranty one, but this car should still have it's turbo and engine covered under warranty.

any word yet?

Final Update!

Alright boys and girls here’s the scope of what has happened over the past few weeks:

So after talking to you guys I went down to Subaru with some of your advice. *****ed and moaned about the fact that they screwed my engine over. If they didn't catch anything today eventually something would happen...

Well they checked over the engine, took it for a test drive, did all the routine ish and came back with "ya your engine is fine, no knocking so why don't you come pick it up" Well I said BS and told them that's not good enough.

I talked to the service manager the next day. His comment was: "well if we can't see/hear/detect anything wrong there's nothing we can do.”

My next step was I contacted SOA and talked to a nice lady for a while on what happened. She suggested getting the regional SOA service rep to come do a full inspect with me. Which I did.

So after all this, I take my car home the next day. And I drove it for about 2 weeks with no problems what-so-ever. Finally i get a call from the service manager stating Alex, the regional SOA would be in this week.

So i took it in today. He went through, in full, what he did to inspect the car. He said everything looked right, sounded right, ran right. The last thing he wanted to do was to pull the oil filter out and actually disect it. So he did that while me and the service director watched. Once inside the filter he used a wrench to literally pull a section apart. What did he find... Metal scrapes laced throughout it. The look on the service managers face was priceless.

So when it all comes down to it: I'm getting a BRAND new crankshaft and bearings. From what he said the turbo wasn't affected but they'll pull it off when they do the engine swap and check to make sure. So after all this I am getting a brand new engine which makes me happy.

After countless hours on the phone and there in person it all worked out. I had to fight for it though, it sure wasn't easy.

Thanks to all of you for your help, your comments did make a difference.

Moral of the story: check your oil when you leave a dealership.

Sorry for the long post.
    Stage II and loving it!

Glad to hear that everything turned out ok in the end
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    Glad to hear that everything turned out ok in the end
    +1 glad everything worked out...just make sure the turbo is in fine working condition.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

total pain in the ass, loss of car while they rebuild your motor....but at least they did what they should have done to begin with.

still a total pain in the ass...
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.