Is oil an option with an oil change?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is oil an option with an oil change?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX You didnt drive off with the car did you!!!? No way! It's still there. I'm pimp'n ...

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post

You didnt drive off with the car did you!!!?
    No way! It's still there. I'm pimp'n in a sweet chevy cobalt right now. I'm going to mention the "give me fair value (before oil mishap)" and I might trade up to an 06 option too. So we'll see what BS offer they give me before I get nasty.
    Stage II and loving it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    they're only required to make you whole again, not make your car new
    Using used parts on a warranty repair isn't something any firm would be proud to shout about. A little publicity could go a long way in correcting this stance.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Using used parts on a warranty repair isn't something any firm would be proud to shout about. A little publicity could go a long way in correcting this stance.
    Insurance companies have been pushing used parts for years. It's called LKQ. Like, kind, and quality. They figure replacing a 40k motor with a 40k or lower motor is restoring your car to pre-claim condition. Technically, it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    it's simple, it's a used car.
    they're only required to make you whole again, not make your car new

if they can replace the motor with another one of equal or lesser mileage, they'll go that route.

I understand 100% what you are saying and I know they dont "owe" him a new car, but in reality how do you come up with a verified 40k mile used motor. I would stand my ground 100% saying "Prove to me this motor has the same maintaince and abuse on it".

If my motor went I know they would be hard pressed to find me a 2006 wrx motor with 9k miles with all oil changes done and never abused and hardly taken WOT.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I understand 100% what you are saying and I know they dont "owe" him a new car, but in reality how do you come up with a verified 40k mile used motor. I would stand my ground 100% saying "Prove to me this motor has the same maintaince and abuse on it".

If my motor went I know they would be hard pressed to find me a 2006 wrx motor with 9k miles with all oil changes done and never abused and hardly taken WOT.
    I think a rebuilt motor and turbo are far more likely than new ones.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    this wouldnt be warranty work, this would be what's called a "good will" service

obligations vary greatly between the two.

this wouldnt be warranty work, this would be what's called a "good will" service

obligations vary greatly between the two.
    isn't "goodwill" service the one where they get parts from the "goodwill" dumpster?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    isn't "goodwill" service the one where they get parts from the "goodwill" dumpster?
    haha no.

typically things that are "goodwilled" are done like a warranty repair would be done, but outside of warranty. We also have Jeep and because we are 5 star through them, we have better "goodwill" power than one without the 5 star stuff (as far as chrysler goes). when we goodwill fix a Jeep, Chrysler/Jeep actually pays for the fix. We have a limited we are allowed to do (i think 4 yrs/60k) or something so if it is over our allowance, it is either a dead topic or has to be approved by a regional service rep.

on subaru, it just depends on what it is on who pays for it. sometimes the dealership pays for it, sometimes we can get subaru to pay for it...mostly at the regional SOA service reps decision. If it is small, then we will just do it and ask subaru to pay for it after the fact..if it is something big (transmission, axles, turbo, etc), then we have to ask SOA for the goodwill authorization so they will pay for it because it is simply too expensive to just eat -- unless we caused the issue. then it just depends on how the management and owners want to handle the issue. I dont think we have ever had anything like this thread is about happen to us so I cant think of how it would be handled.

in response to the used parts..yes, insurance companies do use them A LOT. I did bodyshop tickets for awhile when we had some turnover a few years back. I never heard of doing an engine that way, but panels, remanned parts, etc are used quite often. I dont even know if you can get a remanned engine or anything so that will depend on availability.

i agree with one post on how do you know how a used engine has been ran and maintained - but again, i am not sure on the legal part of if or how they can give a 40k or less engine to replace the current one.

if you would like to shoot for credit towards a newer model, i would shoot for Clean NADA RETAIL value for your vehicle...just like an insurance company would do if you totalled the car. insurance will actually give retail plus tax. I had a Wrangler stolen a few years ago and they actually gave me about $1800 OVER retail plus tax since it was a very low mile vehicle with several extras on it.

i am interested on how this pans out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Death to the turbo!!!!!!!! If they don't fix it take it to a different Subie dealer. They'll fix it. No matter what, you need to call Subaru themselves and tell them what that particular dealer had done. Bastards!!!
    "You were flyin back there when I passed you!"

NEW ENGLANDF4

be careful on taking it to another dealership without giving the initial one a chance. another dealership may not be able to do anything since it was a dealership error and not faulty factory part. another dealership may charge you to fix it and tell you to just try to get the dealer at fault to pay you back. i wouldnt do that. i would just stick to the dealership that did it for now to see how they handle it...if they arent going to handle it how you feel is fair, then contact SOA to see if/what they suggest and go from there. If you still cant get any satisfaction, even from SOA contacting the dealership and helping you take action, then you might want to consider legal routes.

DEFINITELY DO NOT bring up lawyers until you have exhausted trying to get the dealership to fix the problem AND tried SOA customer service. The moment you say Lawyer or anything like that, that dealer will not even talk to you anymore, let alone help you. they will give you the number of their law team and tell you to have your lawyer contact their lawyers and allow it to be handled in litigation (not sure if that is how you spell it).

I Support ClubWRX
    I just called my local LKQ dealer and he has 3 wrx motors with less than 40k on them.. That is an oregon LKQ so it sounds like the ej205 is not a rare used motor to me. When I call for honda ones he usually only has 1 under the mileage I need. Now with LKQ they offer 12 month 12k mile parts AND labor warranty for an extra fee. I would at least require the dealership to give you that option. I know for a 100% fact the dealership you go thru uses an LKQ headquarters so that is more likely who they will be dealing with.Good luck let me know if you have questions

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

subscribing to see what happens...
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    be careful on taking it to another dealership without giving the initial one a chance. another dealership may not be able to do anything since it was a dealership error and not faulty factory part. another dealership may charge you to fix it and tell you to just try to get the dealer at fault to pay you back. i wouldnt do that. i would just stick to the dealership that did it for now to see how they handle it...if they arent going to handle it how you feel is fair, then contact SOA to see if/what they suggest and go from there. If you still cant get any satisfaction, even from SOA contacting the dealership and helping you take action, then you might want to consider legal routes.

DEFINITELY DO NOT bring up lawyers until you have exhausted trying to get the dealership to fix the problem AND tried SOA customer service. The moment you say Lawyer or anything like that, that dealer will not even talk to you anymore, let alone help you. they will give you the number of their law team and tell you to have your lawyer contact their lawyers and allow it to be handled in litigation (not sure if that is how you spell it).

Yea Deffinately DO NOT bring up anything that has to do with lawyers, the second you do that they can no longer help you. My dealership I work for we have 103 stores currently and are the first publicly owned automotive group in the nation, we have a room full of lawyers just waitting for a situation like this to pop up, so be careful and good luck there are plenty of us on here to help with any questions.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

consult with a lawyer if u want but dont bring it up unless it becomes neccessary.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    consult with a lawyer if u want but dont bring it up unless it becomes neccessary.
    +1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast