I'm pissed...and want to know what happened.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm pissed...and want to know what happened. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay so I just got back from Wal-Mart to get my oil changed. I'd do it myself but the apartments ...

I'm pissed...and want to know what happened.

Okay so I just got back from Wal-Mart to get my oil changed. I'd do it myself but the apartments I live in fine people for changing your oil if they catch you. Besides, I don't have a good jack or any tools, really.

Anyhow, I drop my car off at Wal-Mart and go in the store to get some things. It's been about 30 minutes and I figure they should be done by then since there was only one car ahead of me when I dropped it off. So I go back to the tire/lube area and the guys are standing around a computer and moron number 1 says "Hey, okay so...uhh..." and points to the other guy and says "Well, you tell him." At that point, moron number 2 says "Yeah, well, with the turbo you have on your car, we'd have to use synthetic." I simply said "No you don't." Moron 2 says "Well, we highly recommend that you use it." I didn't budge, and said "I don't need it." He continues, "I'm just saying that we really really recommend..." I interrupted him since it was clear he didn't get it: "No it don't need it." So he just gave me this "Alright, whatever you say" kind of response and I left. In retrospect, I should have stayed and watched them do it, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Okay, so basically I pay for it, go out of the garage area where everyone is standing, and they don't make eye contact at all. They just stand around and get real quiet as soon as I walk in. I get into my car which is about 30 yards away, and look over at the garage. They're all standing around, staring at me. It's dark so I don't think they saw me looking at them. I turned on the car and pulled around the corner, stopped, turned it off, popped the hood, and checked to see what I could find. Unfortunately it was dark so I didn't get to see much, but I did notice my coolant resevoir (sp?) was pretty much empty. The resevoir by the turbo, however was full. As I'm looking under the hood, one of the little bastards runs from behind the corner, sees me, and tears off the direction he came. Obviously, he was looking for something. The drive home seemed fine. Turbo spooled as normal, no unusual noise, etc. But when I got out and turned it off, things seemed different. I sat there revving over and over again, listening and knew something was off. So I got my roomie to step on the gas a little bit while I stood in the back. It sounded louder, for sure, but was almost the way aftermarket exhaust sounds. It had that crackling to it, and under any other circumstance would be a welcome sound to me. But I was worried because it had never sounded anything close to that before. Every once in a while, there would be a medium-loud "pop" sound too.

So what I want to know is what could possibly be the cause of this? What could some punk-ass kids have done to make things sound so different? Is it bad that I'm hearing that? I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by rcasTX28; 10-31-2006 at 11:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Only one way to know for sure; Go back to walmart and beat it out of one of them.

they prolly fvcked somthing up if they were acting all suspiscious about it. We always hire new kids who are retarded and should be no where near a car and they screw stuff up A LOT. 90% of the time they wont tell a manager or sombody who can solve the problem they just let it go and hope is does not show up while they are still there. What i would do if i was you go back there and make a scene about it. I say make a scene otherwise nothing will be done about it. Yell and scream and swear and demand somthing. Like if you take you car to a real mechanic and they tell you somthing is wrong threaten to take them to court. You dont have to accualy take them but it will scare them enuff to know your serious. or demand sombody gets fired over it or somthing. If they tell you it happend because it was a new person who hasnt worked there ver long tell they then if they make that kind of mistake then they shoulndt be working there or they should have been under better supervision. Like i said make as big a scene as possible about it other wise nothing will get done about it. trust me on this one.
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Haha that was my solution, until I contemplated it for a while and chose freedom over the whole "assault" and "prison" thing. I was thinking, though, that maybe I could peek at their security tapes.

yeah man, that sounds about right. It's like a 20 minute drive though, and I'm extremely apprehensive about driving it at all right now. I guess if one of my roomies comes home sometime soon...

that would be your best bet would be to look at the tapes. If nothing is wrong there should be no reason why you cant look at them. We have people at firestone do that all the time. Honestly tho do that kind of crazy sh!t all the time. They just want you to leave they dont want you disturbing their buisness. So they will do whatever it takes to get you out of their. Also if they say they are going to talk to a main manager of whatever they are L I E I N G they never accualy do and they try to give you that little piece of mind. If they say that they are goin to talk to the manager tell them you would like to talk to him/her with them.

Get under the car and take a look. There isn't much they could have done in half an hour to make the exhaust louder that won't be readily visible. Check if your DP to midpipe and midpipe to cat-back bolts have been loosened and look for any holes that the sorry bastards might have drilled in your muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by Newks View Post
    they prolly fvcked somthing up if they were acting all suspiscious about it. We always hire new kids who are retarded and should be no where near a car and they screw stuff up A LOT. 90% of the time they wont tell a manager or sombody who can solve the problem they just let it go and hope is does not show up while they are still there. What i would do if i was you go back there and make a scene about it. I say make a scene otherwise nothing will be done about it. Yell and scream and swear and demand somthing. Like if you take you car to a real mechanic and they tell you somthing is wrong threaten to take them to court. You dont have to accualy take them but it will scare them enuff to know your serious. or demand sombody gets fired over it or somthing. If they tell you it happend because it was a new person who hasnt worked there ver long tell they then if they make that kind of mistake then they shoulndt be working there or they should have been under better supervision. Like i said make as big a scene as possible about it other wise nothing will get done about it. trust me on this one.
    DO NOT go in there threatening legal action... that's the #1 way to end a conversation. Most managers will stop the conversation at the mention of litigation, and give you a phone number for your attorney to reach their attorney or legal department.

and dont start out being an *******, you'll get less done this way and most likely recieve the same attitude in return.
    go in and ask to talk to a manager privately and tell him the story.
    if this gets nothing resolved ask for a number to their corperate offices to talk to a higher up.

but MAKE SURE that you know what sort of outcome you want when you go into there. do you want them to pay for an inspection and possibly repairs at a licensed shop? do you want money? do you just want to yell and get someone fired?

i'll tell you right now, that you'll get much further with the first option
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 10-31-2006 at 09:09 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 on checking out the car yourself. It doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

Did they drive the car at all?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Get under the car and take a look. There isn't much they could have done in half an hour to make the exhaust louder that won't be readily visible. Check if your DP to midpipe and midpipe to cat-back bolts have been loosened and look for any holes that the sorry bastards might have drilled in your muffler.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm just trying to think of what it is they really could have done in that little time that makes the exhaust sound like that...I mean, like mechanically, what could they have done? Is there anything they coulda added, or left out, to do that?

+1 on checking out the car yourself. It doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

Did they drive the car at all?
    I wish this had happened during the day because I really couldn't see much in the parking lot there, even under the direct light. I did notice that the fuel filter was black, but that doesn't really mean anything does it? From the odometer, it doesn't appear that they drove it anywhere except for the parking lot.

In checking the oil, what should the level be at if it was done right? Should it be just at the "F"? If it's above it then is that necessarily bad? What about if it's below? I mean is there any way to check if it really did have the required 4.8 (or is it 3.8? Geez, it's been a while since I've done it myself. ) quarts?

I Support ClubWRX
    Oil at the 'F' is fine. If it's above that, it's OK, too - as long as it's not way overfilled. What year is it? The '02-'05 took 4.8 quarts; '06 takes 4.2 IIRC.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

DO NOT go in there threatening legal action... that's the #1 way to end a conversation. Most managers will stop the conversation at the mention of litigation, and give you a phone number for your attorney to reach their attorney or legal department.
    Yeah, good call. I can imagine them doing just that.

but MAKE SURE that you know what sort of outcome you want when you go into there. do you want them to pay for an inspection and possibly repairs at a licensed shop? do you want money? do you just want to yell and get someone fired?
    That's really good too. I guess it'd show them that I've really thought it out, and in a rational way. Honestly I think the best thing for me would be the first thing you suggested - getting them to pay for inspection and maybe repairs. Although the last part would feel good too lol. And hey, I seriously doubt that seeing an employee jack with someone's car resulting in the loss of company dollars wouldn't get the douchebag fired.

You sure they didnt put oil in the coolant resevoir over the turbo?

Suspicious about something would worry me..... Since there there to change the oil and NOTHING else, I'd look for evidence of oil being somewhere it shouldnt be. They probably revved the piss out of it trying to make a bov sound.

j

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post

and dont start out being an *******, you'll get less done this way and most likely recieve the same attitude in return.
    go in and ask to talk to a manager privately and tell him the story.
    if this gets nothing resolved ask for a number to their corperate offices to talk to a higher up.

i'll tell you right now, that you'll get much further with the first option

I work at these places i know how this stuff works if you go in and say hey you guys fvcked up in a nice manner they wont take you seriously im not saying go in there with a barret and threaten to splatter thier skulls on their freaking keyboards by no means. I deal with sales people at these places every freaking day they think the customer owes them. I know poepl do stupid stuff to peoples cars because the person is watching them thru the glass or thier just carless or just retarded and dont know what they are doing. Thats why i would never take my car to any of these places unless you know sombody who will make sure that you are taken care of. nobody their really cares how well its done as long as they are getting paid for it or if it will effect them directly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.