I'm pissed...and want to know what happened. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on I'm pissed...and want to know what happened. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by rcasTX28 I didn't go to Wal-Mart because they had the cheapest prices, I went because I only ...

Quote Originally Posted by rcasTX28 View Post
    I didn't go to Wal-Mart because they had the cheapest prices, I went because I only live where I'm at right now during school, and this is only my first year here with a car, so I haven't really been worrying myself with trying to find "reputable" shops until a couple months ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Jiffy Lube and Wal-Mart were the most obvious choices to me, and I wasn't going to go with Jiffy Lube simply because I don't want to give them business after what they did to my family. I could have driven 30 minutes one way to the dealership and spent even more money on the change, or I could do a 15 minute round trip to Wal-Mart, and pay the normal price. I disagree with what you're saying about the company and it's low prices. It's known for some decently low prices on groceries and clothes, but the automotive area is different. I got Pennzoil 5W-30. It's no different than what I would've gotten at the dealer...sometimes the dealer can rip you off too. And it's not like you have to be a Subaru expert to know how to change oil. The most basic of skill levels is required, and just because it's at a store that's known for it's low prices doesn't mean it should give you low quality. If you want to compare regular products, a 2 ply roll of Charmin is cheaper at Wal-Mart than, say, Albertsons. It doesn't mean that the shipment of Charmin toilet paper that Wal-Mart recieves is of lesser quality. It's the same exact product, the store just gets it cheaper because they put in bigger orders or whatever the reason.
    If WalMarts so great and wonderful and their car department does such great work than why are we having this conversation? I understand why you took it to WalMart, I understand that this isn't your fault it shouldn't have happened. What I don't get is why your so eager to defend WalMart. When some store screws me over I usually don't go back or say "well you know there just as good as any other place." If they screwedup or purposely screwed you then theres obviously better places to go.

Anyway it doesn't really sound like theres anything wrong with your car, if your really worried take it to a dealer get it checked out. Good luck at WalMart next time.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 11-03-2006 at 10:14 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha what're you some Kmart representative? I'm in no way defending Wal-Mart, I'm defending myself since you're so appalled that I took it there in the first place. You said that Wal-Mart has low prices, and that since that's their focus I shouldn't have taken my car there. My point, which seemed to go completely over your head, was that just because their prices are low doesn't mean their product - and yes services, like the oil change, can be considered a kind of product - is of lesser quality. You specifically said that because their concentration is to have low prices, their product's quality isn't very good. I disagree with that, that's all. Not defending Wal-Mart, just my intelligence.

I Support ClubWRX

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rcasTX28 View Post
    My point, which seemed to go completely over your head, was that just because their prices are low doesn't mean their product - and yes services,
    Okay guys, this isn't the place to ignite a flame war. We've successfully established that most of you would not choose Walmart for your oil changes. rcasTX28 was looking for some help as to what could have gone wrong; let's stick to that.

Thanks...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234