oxygen sensor

This is a discussion on oxygen sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am thinking about replacing my 02 sensor in hopes of solving a few problems. When looking around, there are ...

oxygen sensor

I am thinking about replacing my 02 sensor in hopes of solving a few problems. When looking around, there are some sensors for $50 and some for $200. Does anyone know the difference in the two? Is one just a bargain or is it like the old saying you get what you pay for? Any input would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The $50 ones are cut and splice "universal" while the $200 are plug and play OEM type.
    Depending on the the brand universal sensors will not last as long and may be inferior for quality and lifetime. That said you can buy 4 for the price of 1 if you don't mind changing them often.
    The other reason for the price difference is whether you need the front or rear sensor. Front sensors are the primary engine controller while the rear checks converter performance ( more or less a comparator ).
    FWIW go quality on the front and do whatever with the rear ( sim, fouler, eliminate, etc ).
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Out of curiosity, what problems are you having?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yes, state your problems, perhaps there are easier solutions like Spark Plug Antifoulers (sp?). Takes 5minutes