please help

This is a discussion on please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a quick question. Hopefully someone can help me out. I have recently installed a new clutch and am ...

please help

I have a quick question. Hopefully someone can help me out. I have recently installed a new clutch and am in the process of breaking it in. However, out of the blue, my car has started idleing really rough and sounds a lot different. It backfires very often and I cant quite figure out why. I am thinking it might be the O2 sensor? When we took the tranny off is it possible it could have gotten dirty? I am going to get the car scoped tommarow to check the check engine code. Any ideas would be very much so appreciated. I am running a catless 3" exhaust and had a previous check engine code of small leak in the emissions system. I am hoping that there is a new code being thrown so that I can get an idea of what else could possibly be wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the cel code(s) would be the most telling on what's possibly going on
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

If it's running that ruff, give your ECU a reset and see if its still that way. If the sensor is bad it may take a bit for the car to go into limp mode and give you similar results. You should see a difference.

Do you have engine management? A catless exhaust will net you a rich running car with backfires.