cleaning MAF...few questions?

This is a discussion on cleaning MAF...few questions? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am planning on cleaning the MAF later today seeing as it has never been done before and the car ...

cleaning MAF...few questions?

I am planning on cleaning the MAF later today seeing as it has never been done before and the car seems to be running like crap. Do I need to disconnect the negative battery terminal to do this?? And should I reset the ECU after the clean and new OE filter? My car is also stage 2. Thanks for the responses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sleazy E View Post
    I am planning on cleaning the MAF later today seeing as it has never been done before and the car seems to be running like crap. Do I need to disconnect the negative battery terminal to do this?? And should I reset the ECU after the clean and new OE filter? My car is also stage 2. Thanks for the responses.
    Hey I would reset it. Not sure if u really have to. But i did. What are u going to use. I used the NOn clorinated brake parts cleaner.. Good luck!
    My money pit

If you have not seen this thread, you may want to take a look.
    $5 and 5 minutes to a better running car :)
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by flabele View Post
    Hey I would reset it. Not sure if u really have to. But i did. What are u going to use. I used the NOn clorinated brake parts cleaner.. Good luck!
    I used the same thing..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.