Converting from a 700-R4 to a 4L60-E ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Converting from a 700-R4 to a 4L60-E ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I mistakenly purchased a 4L60-E transmission out of a 1993 Chevy 2500. I have a 1992 GMC 2500 with a ...

Converting from a 700-R4 to a 4L60-E ?

I mistakenly purchased a 4L60-E transmission out of a 1993 Chevy 2500. I have a 1992 GMC 2500 with a 700-R4 transmission. How hard would it be to convert my truck to use the electronic transmission?

Thanks

gary

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow.
    You may want to try a different forum.

Anyway, the electronic trans needs intructions from a control module in order to work.

I looked into installing a L480e into a 700R4 car and it required a daughter board on the ecm in order to work.

My two cents.

WR

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah this is a subaru board but since I just sold my 93 Chevy 4x4 I'll see what I can help.

Fundamentaly the 700r4 and the 4l60e are the same tranny, but the 4l60e has electronics controlling kick down, valve body functions, line pressure, etc. I also believe the 93 is spedometer by wire while the 92 could be cable. Also the VSSB's are different. So to use the 4l60e to its potential might require lots of expense and labor. i.e. New ECM, wiring, VSSB, speedometer setup, etc. The 4l60e might however have provisions to run manually like a 700r4 and could be as easy as a bolt on.

my .02

re:

thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.