HELP: Amp install caused P0500 P1518 P1590 P0131 P0132

This is a discussion on HELP: Amp install caused P0500 P1518 P1590 P0131 P0132 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi, i just bought my WRX yesturday and love it. I went to install my subs and amp form my ...

HELP: Amp install caused P0500 P1518 P1590 P0131 P0132

hi, i just bought my WRX yesturday and love it. I went to install my subs and amp form my old car into it and everything seemed fine untill i went to go turn on the car. it started fine but shortly their after iwas was surging form ideal to about 1500 rpms. so i turned off the radio and the motor settled down for the most part but the check engine light keep flashing and after closer inspection the motor was still surging about 150 rpms an the fans were coming on full speed then off. i have completle unistalled the amp, capacitor and subs which by the way are pretty big, im running 2000 RMS and 2400 Peak watts. and also tried a hard ecu restart. by taking off the ground form the battery. the codes i pulled were P0500 Veh speed sensor A, P1518 manf cntrl veh speed aux inputs, P1590 manf cntrl veh speed aux inputs, P0131 o2 sensor circuit low volt, P0132 o2 sensor circuit low volt. i have checked all my fuses and also driven the car for about 45 mins total sience this happened to charge the battery. if you have any advise please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where did you put your amp? where is it grounded? did you go through the firewall with your power?
    all these questions lead to you might have cut, drilled, pinched grounded or just plain buggered up some wires. pull your equipment and look for these issues
    WRB 06 TR wrx wing, wrx foglights, Invidia catted downpipe, AP,
    Stage 2 map, SPT catback, STi oem springs, Katrboy shortshifter
    lots of audio gear too.

the kid before me had a ps2 installed in the car and a big system, so when i bought it the power cables were already there. the positive was ran threw the fire wall and down the driver side. there was no cuts or gouges in the wire because the fuse was still good. as for the ground it was grounded to a factory bolt behind the back seat. so all wires were already there and as for my amp and subs i put them in the trunk and the amp is mounted to the box ( like it was in my mercedes).

I'm guessing you're pulling too much power. 2000RMS?? that's nuts. Do you have a capacitor inline with the amps? Are you on the stock battery?

Get a volt meter and check how much power your getting from the battery when the car is on. I'm guessing your alternator and battery aren't recovering enough power for everything..just a guess

You could also try getting an upgraded battery if you haven't already.