threw a code, and i have no idea why - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on threw a code, and i have no idea why within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The cat being referred to in regards to the EGT sensor is you up pipe cat...not the down pipe cat. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    The cat being referred to in regards to the EGT sensor is you up pipe cat...not the down pipe cat. If your UP cat desintigrates, believe me...you will soon care.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ah

i'm used to cars with one cat.. like.. this multi-cat thing.. is ****ing LAME.
    03 WRX - daily driver
    91 teg - needs a trans, the current one is soup.

100% its your EGT sensor. Get the resistor from radio shack for $1.99 and fix it Done deal.

If it is in fact a cattet UP you should get it looked at. If it's an aftermarket most likely it is not catted. You should be able to see it from the engine compartment, just get a flash light and take a look on the left side of the engine at the bottom. If you see generic heat shielding on the pipe its most likely stock.

Sry if I missed info somewhere in the thread.

hey im having the same issue, where does the resister go? what kind of resister? also i was told to get a spark plug fouler for the o2 sensor but im not sure which one front or back sensor? any body? can some onr help me out!

2.2 kohm 1/2 watt, as previously listed, do you put it in line with the sensor so that the computer reads colder, or do you subsitute it for the sensor altogether?
    03 WRX - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by function/form
    2.2 kohm 1/2 watt, as previously listed, do you put it in line with the sensor so that the computer reads colder, or do you subsitute it for the sensor altogether?
    Substitute for sensor altogether. just unplug the EGT ( under/near the boost solenoid on the LH side by strut tower ) and stick one lead in each of the two female connector openings.
    If you ever were able to get the EGT to trip ( setpoint 1800 F ) your turbo and/or pistons are already toast...
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

?... most computers are set up so that one sensor can't kill much, it just gets ignored if all other data is condtradicting it... i dunno, i'll prob. swing by radio shack this week tho, and take care of the issue.. btw, when i sub the resistor in, is it gonna run a little rich all the time?
    03 WRX - daily driver

I Support ClubWRX
    No it will not make it run rich.

BTW everyone...search is your friend. Here is the the resistor mod thread DIY..with pics.

2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12