help...Idle noises

This is a discussion on help...Idle noises within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2005 wrx wagon with 90 000 km on it no mods, but a heavier clutch, had that ...

help...Idle noises

I have a 2005 wrx wagon with 90 000 km on it no mods, but a heavier clutch, had that for a long time though, and no problems. When it is idling, or more specifically I guess when I’m just giving it a little gas, coming out of idle, I get this…..it is really hard to explain the noise… its not quite a pinging, and its not a gargle, and its not a plopy noise either, but it is somewhere in-between, and I dot like it….. Anyone encounter this, or can even make any sense out of what I just attempted to describe, and has any suggestions, or thoughts on what might be the problem???????

THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also, sometimes when i am in 2 gear and i give it a lot of gas up to the red line, around 5000 rpm i get a grinding noise for like a second.

my engine is broken, dealership told me so. they MIGHT honor my warenty??? this is ****ing sooo lame. 90,000 km, and my engine is dying, and im in canada, so thats a real kilometers, not miles. i am sad. why dose it happen to me

oh yeah, and thank you all for all of your helpfull suggestions....douchbags!

welcome

reading this is like listening in on somebody talking to themselves

oh yea welcome
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by phycaster
    oh yeah, and thank you all for all of your helpfull suggestions....douchbags!

priceless.

berring in my crankshaft. needs new short block, prob get it by warantee. need to ship my engine