Pulled code P1443 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pulled code P1443 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; meh...

I Support ClubWRX
    meh
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 10-26-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    SOA has no connection with SOJ and SOJ could care less if an SOA customer is upset. FHI is the parent company of both, so unless he went through FHI this is a tad bit of bull story.

SOA's phone number is easy to find, and regional reps stop by often to look at warranty work. If the reg. rep says it's a no go, then your back up against a wall.

Well it isn't a bull story and it was SOJ not Fuji Heavy Industries, and he received a check for $796 for head gasket parts / labor.

Oh and the rep said it was a no go thats why he contacted SOJ.

I Support ClubWRX
    meh
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 10-26-2006 at 09:59 AM.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    That's fine and dandy but SOJ has NOTHING to do with SOA. There would be no reason for SOJ to send a check or even talk to SOA about repairing it.
    Well whatever I saw the letter they wrote him and the check.

Hijak over.

Hey there, that is probaly the stupidist thing I've ever heard. We have several good shops in the area that I am sure can set you straight. It sounds to me you had a case of the "Warranty work doesnt pay as much as walk in rates so I'm going to drag me feet and hope this works" Sorry for your awful experiance.

IMHO if you are driving that far it would be worth your while to try Annapolis Subaru, Herb Gordon Subaru, Russell Subaru (if you go to russell PM me and I'll get you the name of a tech over there who is fairly good from what I hear, some techs over there are a tad shady I've heard).

You dont have to have your car worked on by the shop you bought it at. Driving that far is worthless and an extra headache to you.

I've heard good things about the part dept. at Annapolis and I'm sure the shop is fairly good from what I've heard. Herb Gordon is where I bought my car and the sales staff was great, but I'm not sure about their service part.

Heck with the way they treated you I'd just try to go to the closest dealership (Might be Hunt Valley Subaru) and see what they say.

The only shop I'd really stay clear of would be Jones Junction. They are horrible.

If it was out of warranty I'd 100% send you down to Andrewtech in Gaithersburg as they are extreamly good with Subaru's, but arent a dealership so warranty work isnt something they can do. Good luck.

Thank you so much for this information - it was exactly what I was hoping for. Herb Gordon is actually the closest to me. I live about 10 minutes north of them and I test drove with them. I will look into their shop first. Annapolis sounds like it might work out for me too. It's still a bit of a treck for me, but I prefer 30-40 minutes on 32 much better than the lights and bumper to bumber through MoCo. I am going to PM you for the Russell info also, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Question: Do you have the dealer installed boost gauge?
    No, I don't have any boost gauge. I pretty much have the standard middle of the line wrx - no mods, no real options either.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    why wouldn't a gas cap be covered under the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty?

that's just retarded.
    Yeah thats what I thought too. My problem isn't gas cap related, but they told me on the phone initially that if it were gas cap related, it wouldn't be covered under warranty either.
    - Anna

Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

There have been a TON of gas cap tightening related codes popped for the P1443. The dealer is frustrated because they are taking time out from "real" warranty repairs that earn them more money.
    That said, tough cookies for them. They obviously don't want your business in the service department. Like posted your warranty is good at ANY SOA authorized dealer, which is anyone who sells new Subie's and has a service department. In cases like this remind the sales manager where you bought your car ( if they don't already remember ) and note the poor customer service you are receiving. I can almost guarantee you a loaner plus hotel expenses if you live so far away would come at breakneck speed. FWIW I would be going elsewhere anyway, I only get burned or ticked off once especially when there are choices.
    Sounds like you have a bad baffle or leak in the neck of your fuel tank. Had a similar issue on the family truckster ( Trailblazer ), same codes and filling problem. Of course the local dealer gave us a loaner and charged us zero for the repairs ( new gas tank ).
    Love the screen name ( ICB ). This from real life experience?!?
    Last edited by ktmrider; 10-28-2006 at 06:16 AM.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

I just bought an 03 WRX. Great car except the previous owner failed to inform me that its takes 15 minutes to fill up because the gas pump continually shuts off. I also get a 1443 error code. I read earlier in this thread that Irish Car Bomb had the same problem. Did you get it fixed? If so, what was the solution. It's frustrating to fill it up now. With winter fast approaching, I'm not looking forward to spending 15 minutes filling this thing up when it's 10 degrees outside.

Thanks

JHAM

i pulled a P1443 code today on a customers car. subarunet recommended looking for a clogged evap system drain tube. a tech i work with said he's even seen spider webs in the tube clog it and cause the CEL.

i have a 2003 and it says it a evap vent control seliniod function fault could that be the same thing your talk and wish tube are you guys talking about theres a few there thanks for your time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12