Need a screw size...

This is a discussion on Need a screw size... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey does anyone happen to know the size (length and...thickness? ) of the screw that holds down the pipes on ...

Need a screw size...

Hey does anyone happen to know the size (length and...thickness? ) of the screw that holds down the pipes on the rear bottom side of the intercooler? Do y'all know what I'm talking about? There's two pipes closer to the firewall that go up into the I/C from the side the faces the ground. Each of those has two screws. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm going to take a guess here but M10x1.5 as for length I don't know about 40-50mm
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Hey man thanks. Whether that's the correct one or not, it's somewhere to start! I'll try and find one tommarow and see if it's the one when my car gets back from the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by rcasTX28
    Hey man thanks. Whether that's the correct one or not, it's somewhere to start! I'll try and find one tommarow and see if it's the one when my car gets back from the shop.
    yea not sure its a toss up between either that one or M8x1.25 by the same length just take on of the bolts along with you if you can and find the right nut to fit it and bingo
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Oh okay, yeah I'll just take one in. But like I said, at least now I have somewhere to go from b/c before I would have no idea lol.

Hey, I got what I needed. Went to pick up the car from the shop (they turned out to be complete idiots and didn't want to work on it under my extended warranty so they pretended like they couldn't fix it - and I didn't want them to work on it either once I found out they were complete morons). I was missing the bolt on one of those pipes running to the I/C from the turbo, and the other was way loose but I couldn't reach it very well and didn't have good tools. So when I picked up the car I asked the mechanic there to tighten the loose bolt and asked if he had a spare and he did. I didn't catch what size it was though, all he said was "I think it's a 12, 13 was too big." I didn't wanna argue since he was doing me a favor, and so I checked to make sure it was okay. It was, and it fit perfect. I guess you just gotta go with it sometimes right?

totally agree, but if it ever wiggles loose again if you take off the ic it is real easy to get at those bolts, but if you still have the stock Y pipe it is a ***ch to get back on and I am 99% sure that 12mm is too big but if he got it right even though he didn't know the size that works
    Last edited by bkotzman00; 09-27-2006 at 04:45 AM.
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Yeah, I dunno maybe he said something else....

But yeah I've heard that the y-pipe is a major PITA to work with....people have suggested in other posts to get an aftermarket one made out of aluminum ( or some other kind of metal haha, not completely sure)....do you know if there's any performance value to that? or is it just a matter or simplicity?

just get a silicone set it will make a difference would not bother getting the aluminun one, but I also ported the ic inlets where the y pipe connects to the ic, but yea a new y pipe will help
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works