Weird Boost spiking? Please help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Weird Boost spiking? Please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I had this thread to thank all you wonderful pple on this site for helping me figure out ...

Weird Boost spiking? Please help

Ok so I had this thread to thank all you wonderful pple on this site for helping me figure out that my car had a problem. Finally I got full Boost

My car is fine if I "get on it" all the time. By this I mean if I take off in first and shift and into second and floor it from then on it runs great. Now if I am cruising along in say 4th going about 40+ and don't down shift just floor it and let the boost build slow once it gets around 3500 RPM my boost spikes to about .11 or more sometimes. Only for a second and then it settles and is normal. I replaced a cracked vacuum line because I though that could be the problem but now it seems like it is a little worse and spikes more often then it did before. My current mods include: Perrin IC hoses, Godspeed DP, and Perrin "big maf" tube. I searched around here last friday and I am going to clean my boost solenoid and check my ic hoses. I was going to loosen my WG acuator arm and see what that does but what gets me is that it doesn't do it when I WOT throttle till 5 or 6K shift WOT. Only if it has to build slow. Any Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

flooring a turbo'd car without downshifting will make the solenoid work harder and you will se some weird spiking. Cleaning your solenoid may help, but if you want to accelerate without downshifting just don't floor it. Mine does this pretty bad in fifth and occasionally I can even hit fuel cutoff...so thats bad

Same reaction otherwise. If I'm accelerating through gears there's no spiking and it drives great.

Ok I feel dumb now . I guess I thought it would just build up to peak boost and stop no matter how fast or slow it spooled up. I guess it is normal then. Thanks for the response and I guess sorry for such a dumb question.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.