Leaking Injector -- 900 DOLLARS TO FIX!?!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Leaking Injector -- 900 DOLLARS TO FIX!?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have PE 650cc injectors that weren't seated properly when they were installed, I got a major leak.. (Stock ...

Leaking Injector -- 900 DOLLARS TO FIX!?!?

So I have PE 650cc injectors that weren't seated properly when they were installed, I got a major leak.. (Stock fuel rails).

I decided to take it to Matt Slap Subaru to get this problem fixed. Should have been easy.

So far I have heard that the hole where the screw holds the fuel rail to the tumbler on the drivers side has a crack in it that HAS TO BE REPLACED. I looked at it and saw it but it didnt look too bad to me.

I was quoted at 900 dollars including labor for this to happen!!! Is this about right or am I getting ripped off. They said it will be about 6 hours worth of labor. i feel that for a subaru dealership, this is a bit too long to do the intake manifold....i mean..they're a dealership!!!!

Is this too much to pay, and is there a way around this crack?

I know this pic is of the delete from APS, but it will point out where the crack is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you're going to do that, you may as well get the APS units. They're great! I had them on my stage 2 WRX and according to the dyno I gained ~8HP and torque, but the car became A LOT more responsive....even on the stock turbo. it would only get better on an aftermarket one.

replacing the TGV's is a MAJOR pain in the ass, so parts and labor for $900 sounds about right.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

only problem with doing the delete is that i JUST got tuned on my new turbo I dont really want to get retuned for the deletes....and they're 500 as opposed to the 300 that OEM replacements make...im already making enough whp (308) to satisfy my speed needs

I cracked that same piece off of the housing. I found a used housing in the for sale at NASIOC for $75 and paid about 100 in labor for it to be put it in.

Paying 900 bucks is ridiculous.
    Car-less

Talked to Subaru, they said that under the leaking injectors was a peice that had to be removed because the 650cc injectors stood too tall and thats why they weren't seated properly.

Im really pissed now that the installer wont help out and it turns out to be his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentdawn
    Talked to Subaru, they said that under the leaking injectors was a peice that had to be removed because the 650cc injectors stood too tall and thats why they weren't seated properly.

Im really pissed now that the installer wont help out and it turns out to be his fault.
    Woah, I have PE injectors and there was no piece that had to be removed under the injectors.
    Car-less

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.