02 WRX Oil Temp Sensor Question

This is a discussion on 02 WRX Oil Temp Sensor Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 WRX Sedan. It came with the optional gauge pod with boost, volt, and oil tmep gauges. ...

Question 02 WRX Oil Temp Sensor Question

I have an 02 WRX Sedan. It came with the optional gauge pod with boost, volt, and oil tmep gauges. The oil temp gauge is always stuck on max temp whenever the car is turned on and I was able to isolate the problem to the oil temp sensor that is integrated into the oil pan drain plug.

I want to replace this sensor, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not even at the local Subaru dealer.

I'm pretty sure others have replaced this thing before. Does anyone know where I can find this part?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try here
    http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/
    Its like $180 bucks for the sensor.I had the same problem.I just took if off and went with the Fumoto value http://www.fumotovalve.com/

Stg 2 06STI
    02/04 WRX MSPT Tuned - 18g(DEAD)

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"-Vizzini

thanks a lot. i contacted them and apparently, the price of the sensor has jumped to like $206. ouch!

i really appreciate the help!

tried changing my oil...

i have the oil temp sensor on my oil drain plug also. i went to change the oil and was unable to use a socket, so i used a wrench , with no luck, it just rounded the corners off the stupid brass plug. can i just cut that wire, to get a socket on there, and replace it with a regular oil drain plug. I had a huge issue with my uppipe egt sensor being messed up, and i had to put a resistor in it, my car was about to blow the short block off. do i need to do something to ensure that this sensor doesn't cause issues. (like is this used by my ecu/utec in any way?) i would like to change the oil, i had to just add oil and change the filter.