I Need Your Help!!! Im I Getting Ripped Off?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I Need Your Help!!! Im I Getting Ripped Off? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; take a look at this O2 sensor. i took my car in to a shop to get the block replaced ...

Exclamation I Need Your Help!!! Im I Getting Ripped Off?

take a look at this O2 sensor. i took my car in to a shop to get the block replaced and when i go to pick it up they tell me my O2 sensor is bad, but i can drive. so i get home and pull the thing out and its covered with electrical tape and all the wires are spliced! i have pictures tell me what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newo2.jpg   newo22.jpg   newo23.jpg   newo24.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks pretty shotty to me!
    2005 WRB STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow

if thats the case, they broke it, its hella bent!

If its that screwed up, I wonder what the rest of the mechanical stuff is like.

j

I Support ClubWRX
    Is this the same shop that wired your gauges?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

i wired the gauges my self. that problem is fixed but this is BS! i call subaru and they said that theres no way it should be like this. i dont know what to do? should i call the shop and be an ass about this or should i play it cool and just tell them to give back my old sensor and if the did break this one then they better replace it.

I'd definitely complain about it. You just paid $4K+ to get an engine put in and they do this? That's not right.

It looks like they bent the housing and twisted the wires so far that they broke off. When I took off my O2 sensor when I did my UP and I noticed that the wires got twisted when I took it off, so I was careful to twist them the same way before putting it back on. One would think so-called professionals would be just as careful.

Is this a perfomance-type shop or a dealership?
    2005 WRX Wagon - Silver

performance shop, i just called them and talk to the owner and he was upset about it and wanted me to come in first thing tommorrow with the sensor, this is the sensor off of the exhuast manifold not the up-pipe. he ask me who put the up pipe on i told him i did and what does that have to to with this sensor, then he ask me if my o2 gauge was tapped into, i said i had a apex turbo timer that subaru put in for me and they used a wire harness. hopefully i get to the bottom of this tommorrow.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd hate to see what the rest of the install looks like

Looks like they were too lazy to disconect the harness and just decided to cut it instead.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

That my friends is what we call a "hack" job. If you remove the electrical tape I'll wager the wires are twisted and not Scotch-loc or crimped! As thick as the tape is wrapped, prolly not soldered either.

02 sensors like solid one piece wires, no cuts, chafes or pinches.
    Do You Solo2?

Actually, putting in the UP does require you to remove the O2 sensor (the one in the manifold) to get to the header to UP bolts. Unless there is some trick that I am not aware of.

So, assuming that you had your aftermarket UP installed by a shop, it is possible that the sensor could have been damaged at at that time.

But you only noticed the malfunction AFTER you got the engine put in, which leads me to believe that the engine shop is only trying to shift blame on somebody else, which is pretty crappy, since you just paid them $ 4K+.

Bottom line: if I were being paid to build an engine and I noticed a bad O2 sensor, I would replace it and tell the owner about it and not tell him: "it's bad, but you can run without it." Especially since the stock engine management (which you may or may not be using) uses that sensor to determine fuel delivery in closed-loop mode.
    2005 WRX Wagon - Silver

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.